Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAm I being impatient?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I being impatient?
    Posted: 23-September-2013 at 12:25
As thread title goes I'm asking you lot the question.

As most of you know I struck a deal with Eastern BMW for them to sell my M3 on a sale or return basis.
Now the deal was agreed on the 26th August but because I was leaving that day the arrangement was that they would pick my car up and the paperwork for permission to sell would be done via email!
As expected they were very busy and arranged to pick the car on Tues 4th Sept. I may add I had to chase them up to confirm a date to come and collect!
So the car was taken by Eastern from my home on Tues 4th Sept and I patiently waited for the paperwork to be emailed to me. by the 7th my patience was gone, I thought how long does it take to email paperwork over. I eventually got it on the 9th and it was returned that day signed.

Since then I have regularly checked the AUC website for signs of the car being advertised and still nothing!
Tomorrow will have been 3wks since the car was picked up and I was fully expecting it to have been up for sale for a week or so by now.
The impression I have is that they are dragging their heels on this because I'm out of the country and the fact that they have a busy showroom in the M dept just now.
So my point is, do you think I'm being unfair and expecting too much too soon or am I being a soft touch who has given them an inch and allowed them to take a mile?

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 17:33
Is that not your car they have been advertising on Facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/easternmpower/posts/527389153996530:0

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 17:45
What a stupid meduim to use to try and sell anything! If thats the car, where's the wheels ?
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 17:48
I think I'd be making a phone call to enquire about progress. 
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 17:58
No Issy that is not my car, different colour, different wheels!

Cambell I emailed them yesterday to request a status update as to what was happening but still waiting on a reply. At the moment I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that our man might be having a day or two off!

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 18:02
I have just had a reply from my email to tell me it is advertised in showroom and should be on all sites by the end of the week!

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 18:16
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

I have just had a reply from my email to tell me it is advertised in showroom and should be on all sites by the end of the week!

Bonus
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 18:17
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

Bonus

that's me content now!

Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 19:34

What a stupid meduim to use to try and sell anything! If thats the car, where's the wheels ?

A. It's free
B. Over half the population of the UK use it.

You might not like it but advertising on it is anything but stupid.
Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 20:56
Originally posted by Ham328 Ham328 wrote:

A. It's free
B. Over half the population of the UK use it.

You might not like it but advertising on it is anything but stupid.
nah, it only gets half the population and is a fad, dedicated car / BMW / M / performance car web sites are the way to go. Remember "Bebo is the future" ? its exactly the same............the next thing will be along soon !

I'd be expecting the premier BMW M dealership in Scotland to find a better medium to advertise a genuine sports car than facebook ! and they certainly wouldn't get any business from me dealing with the sale of my car in that way. 

Back on topic, Stevie was concerned about the lack of contact from the dealer and its been resolved.

Anyway, I'm away to update my MySpace page. LOL
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2013 at 08:20
Back up a minute why are you selling it Stevie?....it feels like to me that you only just bought it.....
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
gary w. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary w. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2013 at 23:26
Still no sign of your car on the website mate, has it sold yet?
Melbourne Red E92 M3, Black Leather, all the toys!
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2013 at 11:07
I'll sell it fur ye Stevie, my sales patter is on top form at the moment!

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
andy888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2013 at 05:04
John it'll need more than good sales talk to shift that piece of junk!
andy888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2013 at 14:48
is the car sold yet stevie boy?

what you buying?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic