Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 27th 2014 BMW Day at Beamish Museum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW Clubsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 27th 2014 BMW Day at Beamish Museum
    Posted: 11-January-2014 at 19:35
With popular demand we are holding a BMW Car Club day at  Beamish again.
Beamish is a world famous open air museum. It tells the story of life in North East England in Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian times.

Beamish stands in 300 acres of beautiful County Durham countryside. Within the site you will find Pockerley Old Hall, The Town, Rowley Station, The Fairground, Home Farm and The Pit Village. With so many things to see, Beamish is a wonderful day out for people of all ages, with free trams and buses to get you all over the museum.

At the end of the day those wishing to stay a bit longer and display there cars in the town centre for a great photo opportunity.

Now the important bit, the cost of this day out is only £8.00 per head if your in a BMW, normal admission is £17.50 per adult and £10.00 per child I am sure you don't need me to do the math's on that one.
Entry is pay on the day at the gate into the show field, entry is from 9.30am till 11.00am arrive after 11.00am and unfortunately it's full price and park in the public car park. The only
stipulation Beamish is strict about is there is no movement of vehicles between 11.00am and 4.00pm due to public safety, but I can assure you that if you arrive at 10.00am and want to leave before 4.00pm you have only seen half of this great museum has on show.
Beamish is about two miles west off junction 63 of the A1M. Address is Beamish Museum, Beamish, County Durham, DH9 ORG. Beamish web site www.beamish.org.uk
Beamish is a world famous open air museum. It tells the story of life in North East England in Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian times.

Beamish stands in 300 acres of beautiful County Durham countryside. Within the site you will find Pockerley Old Hall, The Town, Rowley Station, The Fairground, Home Farm and The Pit Village. With so many things to see, Beamish is a wonderful day out for people of all ages, with free trams and buses to get you all over the museum.

At the end of the day those wishing to stay a bit longer and display there cars in the town centre for a great photo opportunity.

Now the important bit, the cost of this day out is only £8.00 per head if your in a BMW, normal admission is £17.50 per adult and £10.00 per child I am sure you don't need me to do the math's on that one.
Entry is pay on the day at the gate into the show field, entry is from 9.30am till 11.00am arrive after 11.00am and unfortunately it's full price and park in the public car park. The only
stipulation Beamish is strict about is there is no movement of vehicles between 11.00am and 4.00pm due to public safety, but I can assure you that if you arrive at 10.00am and want to leave before 4.00pm you have only seen half of this great museum has on show.
Beamish is about two miles west off junction 63 of the A1M. Address is Beamish Museum, Beamish, County Durham, DH9 ORG. Beamish web site www.beamish.org.uk

Edited by BMW Clubsport - 16-February-2014 at 18:27
Sponsored Links

Whyayebry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whyayebry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2014 at 11:42
Fab ! So how much of a saving would that be , on say , two adults and one child ? . Now what about this photo shoot ???
BMW Clubsport View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW Clubsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2014 at 20:11
That would be a saving of £24.00
To normal entry price.

As for the photo shoot, those willing to wait till 5.30pm
Can take there car into the old town for photos.
FLUTE View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLUTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2014 at 08:17
Thanks for organising this once again. Couldn't attend last year due to flu, but should be there this year all being well.

Flute
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2014 at 21:15
Scottish region will be attending as well again this years. Thanks for the invite! :-)

Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW Clubsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2014 at 20:25
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Seams years since Gaydon.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2014 at 18:43
Looking forward to this event, I really enjoyed last year.....
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW Clubsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2014 at 09:25
I think everyone that came last year really enjoyed the day Smile

Beamish have changed a few things as well, the farm yard is set in a different period and 
they have opened a Bakers.
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW Clubsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2014 at 21:25
Yep its here next weekend.

Don't miss out could be the last chance you have.Wink
Beelailydude View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelailydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2014 at 21:20
Watched Countryfile Weather forecast and i hope they are wrong
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic