Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDyno Day - date tbc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyno Day - date tbc
    Posted: 27-January-2014 at 22:53
Well we are on a roll tonight!!!

So Cambell has been in touch with a local guy (its just off the A1 near musselburgh) who is willing to hold a dyno day for us. Her recons his machine can cope with M cars so lets get a list started for interest in this and we will get it organised!

10 car at £40 per car! (this will be payable to secure your place! Only fair!) Wink
All other details will follow if we get enough interest!

Interested

Sponsored Links

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2014 at 23:33
I like to do this as well but i have no car till nearer summer Cry just as well as i think its only getting 80BHP lol

M3 Evo 4 door
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2014 at 23:47
Sounds good.
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 06:57
I'm assured that the dyno will cope with up to 1000BHP and can cope with the delicate electronic systems on modern and BMW M cars
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 16:18
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I'm assured that the dyno will cope with up to 1000BHP and can cope with the delicate electronic systems on modern and BMW M cars

The dyno is a hub mounted system (wheels off) which is able to cope with 4x4 vehicles but can also be configured to make the front wheels turn at the same speed as the rear wheels on rwd cars which eliminates the problems with the traction control systems etc.

I chatted with Ranald Watt who talked me through the process, I have to say I'm happy to stick my car on the machine as I'd like to see what the Hayward & Scotts have done to the car. The company is LSC Tuning & Performance and as well as the dyno service, they offer custom remaps aswell.

I intend to speak to the garage next door and will ask if they will do a deal for air con re-gas on the same day (price to be confirmed) so the day should suit lots of people. There is a pub next door to these workshops which is well known locally for nice lunches aswell. I'd like to do this in time for summer

Who's interested ?

Attending Dyno Air Con
Cambell yes no

Edited by Cambell - 28-January-2014 at 16:21
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 16:49
Attending Dyno Air Con
Cambell yes no
Paul                 yes           no
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 17:03
Can he cope with autos? Will he be able to interrogate/over write the ECU to tell the car its on rollers (or the equivalent hub mounts) so it knows not to change gear?
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 17:13
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Can he cope with autos? Will he be able to interrogate/over write the ECU to tell the car its on rollers (or the equivalent hub mounts) so it knows not to change gear?
I know he can talk to the ECU as he offers a remap service. I'll ask about the "waftomatic" gearbox. This is no "Ted in his shed" outfit.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 17:20
Cheers Cambell.

After being a bit disappointed from the previous time (link above) I did a bit of googling and you need the car(autos) hooked up to a 'puter to tell it that it is in or to put it in dyno mode so it over writes the need to say change gear and prevent the dash from lighting up like a Christmas tree with ABS/ASC/DTC faults. Got a real fright on the rollers last time with all the warning messages! Cleared when driven though. That would have taken some explaining at the time as it was still under BMW AUC warranty!

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 19:38
|I'll come along just to spectate
e36garry View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e36garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 20:36
Im up for this. I assume with it being "date tbc" its not in the near future which suits my bnak acc at the minute.

Attending Dyno Air Con
Cambell yes no
Paul                 yes           no
Garry Yes No

Remember BHP sells cars
Torque wins races!

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 20:43
Attending Dyno Air Con
Cambell         yes no
Paul              yes        no
Garry Yes No
Issy              No         Yes
e36garry View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e36garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 21:19
Issy, get it on the dyno! Tongue

Remember BHP sells cars
Torque wins races!

Craig2207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig2207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2014 at 23:26
I'm up for the dyno, maybe a remap if possible
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2014 at 17:03
Originally posted by Craig2207 Craig2207 wrote:

I'll put you on the list for the dyno, he won't do the remap on the same day but will be able to discuss what you want.

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2014 at 17:05
Attending Dyno Air Con
Cambell yes no
Paul yes no
Garry yes no
Issy no yes
Craig yes no
Wee John  maybe no
Craig2207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig2207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2014 at 17:23
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Originally posted by Craig2207 Craig2207 wrote:

I'll put you on the list for the dyno, he won't do the remap on the same day but will be able to discuss what you want.

Cheers cambell
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2014 at 21:34
Attending          Dyno     Air Con
Cambell          yes          no
Paul               yes          no
Garry          yes          no
Issy               no          yes

Craig          yes          no

Wee John      maybe     no
Tommy Viewing only & air con yes

Edited by shorty - 29-January-2014 at 21:36
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2014 at 23:02
Originally posted by e36garry e36garry wrote:

Issy, get it on the dyno! Tongue

Eh no thanks! Air con will do fine for me thanks if I still have it! Confused

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2014 at 08:39
Issy your car would be good on the dyno, impressive to hear it at full chat, 6 cylinder M Tuned engine, the signature of BMW.....Proper manual box unlike mine so you would have no worries!Big smile

Edited by Andrew Rolland - 30-January-2014 at 08:44

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic