Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Ultimate Driving Machine no more !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ultimate Driving Machine no more !!
    Posted: 26-August-2014 at 18:36
From this

To this

That's what you get for diluting the brand !!

Oh dear !!

Sponsored Links

Beelailydude View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelailydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 20:15
Tiz probably legal issues. Its like Carlsberg, Best Larger in the World, Probably.
1999 E36 Avus Blue 323i Vert
1985 Mini auto
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 21:15
Perhaps there is a new ultimate driving machine... Which marque will it be though..?

They have used that term for how many years? I'm sure I had it on my L reg M3

Edited by alanross - 26-August-2014 at 21:15
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 22:02
I think its since they started introducing sh1te to the range like the electric crap............a downward spiral, what's next ?

BMW

Not that bad really
Considering
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 12:55
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I think its since they started introducing sh1te to the range like the electric crap............a downward spiral, what's next ?

BMW

Not that bad really
Considering

I was a doubting Thomas like you over the electric cars but having driven the I8 last week I was amazed at how good it was. Very smooth, comfortable and rather fast too. Does everything you want it to without any fuss though It did lack a bit of driver involvement but If you ever get the chance try it.

If I had the money I still wouldn't buy it though as I prefer something with a sense of occasion when driving it. I quickly came to the conclusion I would still rather have my M3.

sh1t that was meant to try and convince Cambell that all is well with the new direction BMW are taking. Fail!
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 13:55
I'm watching closely for the van models to come out, they must be on their way !!
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 14:41
Further than you think to the van bit Cambell.

Given that I've had to fit the E60 with one of these, people keep asking me when am I buying a "people carrier".

I have just read that the new 2 Series out which has a "people carrier" version is now a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car. 

Now that's really lowering things, no not the fact that BMW are making a "people carrier", the wrong wheel drive bit.  It got a pants review in the article......
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
gary w. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary w. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2014 at 21:05
I'm sure they use both badges on their wesbsites. The 'sheer driving pleasure' one is mainly used on the continent i think. Could be wrong though.
Melbourne Red E92 M3, Black Leather, all the toys!
jimbo34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2014 at 08:54
I had my car getting serviced at eastern the other day and this was the general feeling I had whilst waiting for my car getting done.

Felt that the I was sitting in a ford/vauxhall garage with so much range and different models shoehorned in rows in there space. Didn't feel special and upmarket like what the brand used to stand for.

Became bored very quickly looking at near identical model range with just very slight cosmetic change. Went into range rover after wards to look at there showroom and wow. Vehicles displayed on platforms, displays at different angles. No polish cleaners mopping the floor around you whilst looking. Brand felt special and was marketed well. Less clutter.

Overall imo it left me feeling that bmw has now become so diluted they don't feel special enough and felt the showroom justified my opinion. Definitely not the ultimate driving machine now I'm afraid.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic