Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCar back after it's third Respray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeyman328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car back after it's third Respray
    Posted: 29-August-2014 at 13:12
Hi all, that's my touring finally finished. I took it back to the garage as too much roughness plus the dents were still there. Polishing made them stand out more. When I took the touring to the Ayrshire meet the paint was very flat. My thinking was it just needed a good bit of detailing.

Then the bumpers were painted in a slightly different shade if burnt orange. Grrr but as I had gaydon to attend I had to leave it as was.

So went in again when I got back from gaydon. Full car smoothed down again with the rear badge delete tell tail circle gone, dent in bonnet fix properly and rear tailgate fixed. When I was polishing the car at gaydon I noticed the mirrors had silver still coming through. So garage under no illusion that I was happy and given a week to sort.

And here she is

the car has had a quick wash but nothing else as the paint hardens. It looks cleaner, has a better shine to it. I am much happier now. Dents gone and mostly smooth now. So will give it a few weeks before a machine polish.

There is still a trace of reaction on the nose cone and a couple of paint spots on the roof but I am still extremely pleased for the £550 spent. That included door sills and boot.

Now on the hunt for some better winter wheels
Now - e36 328 touring, e34 520 saloon
Previous - e36 328 sport
Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2014 at 13:37
Didn't look too shabby at Gaydon ...

KieranB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KieranB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2014 at 22:04
Nice job!!! love a smart touring, looks like money well spent.
big dovit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big dovit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2014 at 11:15
Beat you to the steering wheel though at gaydon ha ha
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2014 at 18:41
looking good mate
andybeemer74 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybeemer74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2014 at 12:33
Is that your house in background in first pic love the triple garage lol Car looking good there I miss my red E36

Half Jock :-)
Honeyman328 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeyman328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2014 at 15:51
Originally posted by big dovit big dovit wrote:

Beat you to the steering wheel though at gaydon ha ha

Never got that promised feel

Andy it's my mum and dads garage, though full of my tools. Tried to get a four post ramp but my dad wasn't having it :( it's bigger than my flat !!!

Now - e36 328 touring, e34 520 saloon
Previous - e36 328 sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic