Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLakes Passes Run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelailydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lakes Passes Run
    Posted: 19-October-2014 at 17:09
I aint had my netbook switched on for months so though i'd fire it up and share some of the pics of our Lakes Passes Run I organised for Oct 4-5 2014. 

We started off in Durham and drove the Durham Dales up Hartside Pass on the A686 towards Penrith.

From Penrith we drove A592 down to Ullswater and carried along to Kirkstone Pass.

From there we followed down the East side of Windermere to Newby Bridge and headed up the West side of Coniston towards Wryhose Pass and the amazing Hardknott Pass.

Wast Water was our next stop for a pint of the fizzy at Wasdale Head Inn and then looped back on ourself taking in some great roads towards Loweswater and Crummock Water, over Honister Pass to our overnight stay at Borrowdale Youth Hostel.  Ive stayed in this YH many times before and if anyone aint tried a YH stay, try it, you maybe suprised.  We checked in at YH and headed to Keswick for fish n chips.

Next day we drove some of the back roads round Derwent Water and the views were amazing.  We appeard back on the B5289 and headed towards Winlatter Pass which is a great smooth sweeping road through Winlatter Forest.

As its on our way home (sort of LOL) i set Sat Nav for Tanhill Inn which is the highest Pub in Britain and the drive over the moors to get to it is cracking.  From Tanhill the last fun road is called The Stang and is like a sweeping bumpy castle and one of my favourite roads (air between the rubber Embarrassed)

Anywho, here some pics of the run and pics don't do the views justice.

I will be doing same run next year and there are loads of very nice Hotels close to the route i do so no probs if folk wana join in and stay in abit more luxury than a Youth Hostel.

Pics were taking off a cheap Samsung Digital camera and a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone so sorry for some quality NERO WinkLOL

Very friendly birds at Wasdale Head

View from outside Youth Hostel

River that runs beside YH

1999 E36 Avus Blue 323i Vert
1985 Mini auto
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2014 at 23:35
Great photos Lee! We were on many of these roads today and we paid a visit to the lakeside motor museum which was fab!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic