Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWalkie Talkies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walkie Talkies
    Posted: 16-March-2015 at 18:29
Following the purchase of our radios a couple of years ago it soon became clear that they were ok but some of them were actually crap with very poor range. Now I didn't make them, I just followed a manufacturers spec sheet.

Some of you may have noticed that Robin, Bob, Issy, Paul, (Andy got a custom one for his birthday) and I have slightly different radios that have more functionality. These were a bit more expensive but I have to say they are a whole lot better, the range is far better as is the audio quality. 

I make no apologies for the existing radios as like I said, I didn't make them but these other ones are so much better. 

I have just ordered one for Tommy and it arrived within a week at a cost of £23.50 and I've programmed it so it will be on the same frequencies as the existing ones. 

If anyone else wants one, I'm happy to do the same for them. I will not be operating a refund / trade in system so you can either just keep your existing radio or donate it to the Scottish Region so that it may be used on a loan basis by newbies at meets / drives until they order a better one.

Edited by Cambell - 16-March-2015 at 18:35
Sponsored Links

big dovit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big dovit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2015 at 23:40
Is it still possible to get another radio if so pm me with payment details will send the money same day if you want
Cheers
Davie A
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2015 at 11:29
Hi Dave, 

We're gonna "test drive" the new radios on the next drive, if they work out ok, I'll order one for you..

big dovit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big dovit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2015 at 12:25
Roger 10/4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic