FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddealer discount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: dealer discount
    Posted: 15-January-2004 at 18:17
 as some of you know my car was out of order over xmas / new year . just got it back today  from menzies  in stirling . new water pump & belts for same , check for leaks & pressure test / new antifreeze e.c.t . my wallet is now £ 250 lighter. when i asked for my b.m.w.c.c discount the chap at the desk  looked at me as if i had asked him for a kidney  " sorry we don't give  discounts " was his reply . yet having talked to other guy's from down south , at the national event at gaydon .dealers down there seem to be bending over backwards to give discount to our members, why is this ? we have talked about this subject at our monthly meet's & some of our members have had some success in some other parts of scotland( but not a lot  !!!!) why should i not be able to take my car to my local b.m.w dealer & get my discount rather than go to all the bother of searching the whole country for a dealer who will give me discount? also any cash i would save on a discount would be wiped out by travel costs
Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2004 at 18:36

There is another thread http://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4411&PN=1 which discusses dealer discount.

I have bought stuff from Menzies and had the same suprised look from them re a discount. I'm afraid that unless necessary, I will be taking my custom elsewhere (e.g. as I said in the other thread Morrisons - did you know that they are part of the same group as the garage in Camelon?)

Did you have a go at sorting your computer as we discussed on last Sunday?

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2004 at 09:13
Aye shorty... it's a bit sad that Menzies are holding on to this customer hostile attitude

Henry Brothers and Morrisons are now both happily giving the BMWCC discount on production of your membership card. Give one of them your business.
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2004 at 18:35

yes won't be back unless last resort. but must say got discount on parts last time  !!!!  pity both the dealers that give the discount are so far away 

nero:- tryed the thing we discussed on sunday & it did work a bit  but need to delete more !!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic