Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > General E30
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 Register Membership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 Register Membership
    Posted: 01-February-2004 at 23:32

I'd like to belong to the E30 Register, do I have to be a member of the BMW Car Club GB?  It's just that I've been a member before for 1 year and really there was no benefit whatsoever for me. 

The BMW Parts Departments that I go to offer me a minimum of 10% discount.  There are no meets near where I live and I rang up Adrian Flux for a quote for insurance and they quoted me more than my existing insurance company.

Also the membership is quite hefty for someone who is now registered disabled and not working

How about an honorary member!

Sponsored Links

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2004 at 00:30
Lizzie - your idea about a reduced membership for disabled people is one that I do not think has been put forward before. I will make the suggestion at the next NC meeting that I go to.
Unless your circumstances are special, I'm a bit surprised that you found no benefit in the club. Perhaps you were unlucky when you tried to insure through Adrian Flux. I first became a member after they quoted me some £800 less than I was paying to insure my 635. However I am now with Aon and paying even less.
Perhaps you should have a look at the insurance page on the Club web site and click on the links button. There are lots of companies there who can give you good terms.

Edited by Howard
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2004 at 00:37

Howard

Thank you for your quick reply.  Appreciated.  I guess the problem is that I live just outside of London and drive a convertible, even though it is coming up to 14 years old in March.

I believe I would be part of the South East register.  Unfortunately I have been suffering recently with problems with osteoarthritis in both knees and have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome (Chronic pain and fatigue syndrome).  I'm having to take lots of painkillers (Opiates) and am restricted to how far I am allowed to travel.  I believe that most of the meets are in Kent, which is more than half hour drive (which I am limited to drive without breaks in driving)

BTW I love your Avatar!

Thanks for your reply.

Lizzie

325i Ron View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2004 at 20:34
Hi Lizzie

The quick answer to your question is yes you do have to be Car Club Member.
Ron Parish
(E30 Register Chairman)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic