Forum Lockede36 m3 - HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brett_M5 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 12:18
Have you had your coils checked? If you can get hold of one you can try replacing them one by one.
1999 E39 M5
1995 E36 M3 - Sold
Sponsored Links

biffa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 12:04

I've had the car about 18 months, and it has done it on and off since then, but its really bad at the moment.  For the first time since I've had it, the problem occurred in fifth the other day.

I was thinking baout getting the chip remapped to see if that would smooth it out, but I'm worried that without knowing what the problem actually is, it might make it worse.

Brett_M5 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 11:45
Your problem sound exactly the same as mine (the second and third gear bit and the accelerating hard bit). but mine definately hasn't got any worse (not yet anyway). How long has it been doing it (or how long have you had the car if it's always done it). I've had mine nearly 2 years now and it's never got any worse, that's why I've never really done anything about it.
Brett
1999 E39 M5
1995 E36 M3 - Sold
biffa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 11:35

Brett - thanks.

I have always run the car on at least super, and more recently optimax.  The car was doing it mainly when cold, and normally only in second or third, but for the past month or so its been hot or cold, and any gear.  i have found that if I accelerate hard through the rev band its not as bad, but if I come through it slowly, its like a diesel!

Its just ahd a major service, so its not the plugs.

Brett_M5 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 11:28
This seems to be a common problem with the 3L. Mine does it and a few others on here do it as well, like you say just between 2-3k. I don't think mine has got any worse since I've owned it though, but that might be due to the fact that I changed from normal unleaded (95 ron) to Optimax (98 ron) about 6 months ago. Does yours do it every time or is it intermittent? Mine only does it every now and again (I'd estimate about 25% of the time) but regardless of whether it's a hot or cold engine. I'd love to get it sorted as it's very annoying.
Anyone?
1999 E39 M5
1995 E36 M3 - Sold
biffa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2004 at 11:03
 i have a 95 3.0 m3 with 55k on the clock, but I've noticed that between 2 - 3k rpm there is a hesitation.

Well, there was a hesitation, it has now become an all out stutter.  The car just has no power (almost like it wants to backfire and clear the problem). Up above 3k it flies, but the problem is getting worse.

usual stuff from main agents, no help whatsoever, even to the point of taking them on a test drive and they still think its ok.

I've heard about problems with the vanos, but these seem to be on the evo.  Anyone out there who can help, advise,etc would be great as its really starting to get on my ****.  HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic