FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede36 m3 - HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2004 at 19:01
Originally posted by biffa biffa wrote:

Might be right about the running lean thing.  I had the airflow sensor disconnected (simply unscrew the plug on the box on the rhs of the engine).  It richens everything up and now the problem is virtually gone.  I actually have power below 2500 rpm!!!!!

Anyone else with the problem want to try it and let me know what its like.  Don't know what its going to do to the fuel consumption though, but who cares!

Hey Biffa,

That isnt a good idea mate....the airsensor is there for a reason. Also it will show as a fault on the DME now....

Interesting you say it improves it?? I guess the ECU would go to limp mode and use base settings....

I was wondering about documenting this thread and sending it to the tech team at BMW and see what they make of it???

Sponsored Links

andym3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2004 at 21:19
Originally posted by biffa biffa wrote:

Might be right about the running lean thing.  I had the airflow sensor disconnected (simply unscrew the plug on the box on the rhs of the engine).  It richens everything up and now the problem is virtually gone.  I actually have power below 2500 rpm!!!!!

Anyone else with the problem want to try it and let me know what its like.  Don't know what its going to do to the fuel consumption though, but who cares!

think your rite m8 i tried that out, did seem to smooth out the flat spot between 2 & 3000 rpm, sayin that, to me it felt a bit slower higher up the rev range (maybe just running to rich now), ive it connected back up again and the flat spot seems 2 b back, I wonder if u chipped it could u not get it to run richer at the low end of the revs? cos that seems to b the problem,

MONO View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2004 at 21:37

I wonder if it is worth speaking to a chipping company to see if they have done any chips to the 3.0L.....be interesting to find out....thing is who to trust??

As everyone seems to in it for the green stuff these days!!

"Of course sir we will remove all the flat spots give you 20hp more" err that will be £600!

andym3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2004 at 21:54

theres a fella near me here does the rolling r,d who's pretty good does ne tuning work i can't do meself, he does chips, not sure wot make, but if i get a chance 2morrow i'll try an get a word with him, c if he's done it b4 or if he thinks it would help.

biffa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2004 at 10:00

Been running it a couple of day without the sensor connected and it was fine, reconnected it and its running flat again.

Agree with the top end power loss though, and I'm sure it is running too rich up there.  Its quite an interesting dilemma.  you'd think that with a decent air filter, the throttles balanced properly (I drove a 3L that this had just been done on and it was a flying machine) and a chip to remap this apparent fuelling problem, it would be sorted. 

MONO View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2004 at 21:15

Biffa,

Sounds like a good idea.....Let us know how you get on, then I can get mine done LOL  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic