Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice
    Posted: 21-May-2004 at 11:34
Bought a E60 530i SE 6 month old demonstrator about a month ago. Since then i had minor accident where i scuffed the left hand side bumper. When i went to get it fixed was told it was not the first time it had been repaired , the repair shop also pointed a where the wheel arch had been repaired and noticed a line where it been repainted about 12 inches long around the wheel arch.

Phoned dealer straight away and they didn't even apologise and they told me these things happen all the time. Basically need advice from people whether to push the matter further and ask for some compensation. any advice appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2004 at 11:55
It's difficult to say really. If the repair was only minor and it was done to a high standard then you may not have any comeback. I would get some legal advice on your rights. Speak to trading standards. 
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
kevin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2004 at 12:44
Welcome,

As it was not a new car but a demonstrator then I don't think you will have any comeback provided, as Peter says, the repair was minor and repaired to a high standard. The fact that you haven't noticed it before will probably not be in your favour.
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
Frisbeeman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2004 at 13:48

thanks for the replies. I figured it as much but needed some opinons. This does not detract from the fact i think i still have a great car but to the fact dealers seem to be unwilling just to say 'sorry' and to ask me the questions such as 'would this have affected the decision to buy the vehicle?' when only 2 seconds before he stated 'we simply do not tell customers that car has had a minor incident otherwise we would not sell any of those vehicles'.

Anyway look forward to posting alot more on the forum, hopefully on happier topics.

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2004 at 15:19
Hi Frisbeeman, Welcome and Congrats on your 530i.SE.Seems as you found out, that LH side Rear is a Vunerable point!!!.Wonder why it gets a scrape,?.I wonder if the price you paid, reflected the "Used"condition of the Demo-AS Seen.
SAFETYFAST
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic