Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2004 at 18:36

Depends on what you're looking for. If all you want is a toy to play around with then £400 isn't much. Probably worth more as spares. As  an example, a good one with full history, 60k miles & few worries would be £11k+ from Munich Legends. Pays your money etc.

Most mechanical parts are shared with the E28 5-series so are fairly affordable & available. Wings & bodywork are another matter. £450 a wing + painting etc. Corrosion is a major concern.

174k ?? Could be fine but a camshaft is on the cards at 150k+ & a new engine is £2-3k. It's the little things that add up so don't expect to turn it into concours Pebble Beach winner. No depreciation but 18 mpg is to be expected. At the end of the day, how much do you want one?

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Sponsored Links

redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2004 at 15:29

Bit of a departure from my normal 3-series realm, but here goes!

I have been alerted to a 1986 'C' 635csi which is for sale. It has been stored outside, but is taxed and MOT'd until August. The interior just needs some TLC, but the car has 3 rust spots (I think it's the roof, arches,etc) I have only seen it at a distance, so I am relying to my contacts description!

It has been fitted with a new set of alloys, however, the clock is at 174k.

It is there for around £400 - not knowing much about the six (I run a E36 and E21), and not being made of dosh, would I be foolish to look any further? Are the spares cheap and easy to come by? And how rare or good is the 635?

Sorry for the long posting, and may thanks in advance for any pointers in the right direction!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic