Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked325ci vs 330ci

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 325ci vs 330ci
    Posted: 09-June-2004 at 17:44
Hi guys,

I need a bit more room and so am looking at a 330ci or a 325ci. I am looking to spend about 25K and will prob buy from a dealer. any tips on things to look out for, what goes wrong, what is the warranty like etc.

thanks.
Sponsored Links

Henchman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2004 at 19:53

If your going as far as 25K, i woudn't think twice about which to pick, it would definitely be a 330Ci

I have driven a friend's 2002 330ci, and quite frankly its the best car i've had the privelage of driving. Mind you, you will need to be a bit "computer bounded" , because theres more to it than just the driving and shifting, you got buttons all over the place that will drive you up the wall (metaphor :P )

The 325ci is simply smaller in engine size, and less "bulky" ...I think you know what I mean, you can see the 330ci is like the M3 , and looks like it floats over potholes and bumps - (which it virtually does)

Just take your time, remember its a lot of money, so make sure you throw it somewhere that will make you happy.

skull View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2004 at 01:35
the 330 and the 325 are exactly the same if you buy the ci and / or sport its just the engine bore size and bhp/torque figure thats different and nothing else .
325 192bhp 0-60 7.2    330 231bhp 0-60 6.5 .

that is all .
up to you but for the money get a 330ci
just a little crazy.

My drive
E46 M3 COUPE [MAN]CARBON BLACK GREY LEATHER H/K 19"s LED REARS S/B.
Stevo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
e30 318is

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2004 at 08:09
My father recently bought an 02 325ci . He's had it about 9 months . The only problem he's had was with the fuel gauge . Apparently , when you run low on juice , it's meant to tell you how many miles you've got left before the tank is empty and also the indicator light comes on . This didn't happen to him . Instead the warning came on that he had about 30 miles left before empty , and then stopped . Yep , out of juice . Fairly common problem apparently but easily fixed .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic