Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĆ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW Services

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW Services
    Posted: 20-February-2003 at 08:55

Hi,

I have recently got a 93 325i and I'm looking around at places to get my car serviced. 

The car came with a full BMW Service History, however after investigating there prices Im considering going elsewhere.  They wanted £320 for an inspection 1 service and £130 to change the oil!!!

Just wondering where u guys go?? And also do you think ill lose a lot of value off my car if I stop going to bmw??

Cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links

Malc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2003 at 12:38

Yello Jon,

Looks a very nice motor.......exactly what I'm after at the moment. Even the right colour. Can I ask how much you paid for it and how many miles on the clock ?

Cheers Malc......

B3nige View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2003 at 18:16

Where do you live? there are various trusted independents around, but they are spread across the country.

I live in the SE and I take mine to Munich Legends (near Gatwick) - who are superb.

Bahnstormer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2003 at 08:45

Hi J P

B3nige is right about Munich Legends. Excellent service and a good day out just looking at the superbe range of cars they have for sale. BMW service is not cheap, if you want cheap buy a grey porridge car. The £320 might seem a lot, but it will be done correctly and may work out cheaper than some back street garage who does not have to worry about keeping the BMW franchise. Private garages do not always stick to the estimate and are quite likely to hike up bills probably using non genuine spares.

When you get your BMW bill, it will be itemised including part numbers, quantity of fluids replenished.Ownership of a nice car means proper care, cut corners and it could be work out to be expensive exercise.

Sorry to sound a bit negative about 'cheap' services, but I have had bills up to £1000 due to incorrect diagnosis where the mechanic has changed components until he thought that the car ran OK. Beware the MOT where the mechanic tells you that the exhaust gases are out of spec. In one case a simple relay was the cause, but I had to pay for an O2 sensor, a CPU and an air flow meter as the clown (being polite!)was 'shotgunning'.This hit and miss procedure took over two days and was priced at a suitable hourly rate!  BMW would have put car on proper computer read out and probably fault coded the precise defect in no time.  

j_p_buckley View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2003 at 12:07

Cheers for your input guys... I understand what your saying Bahnstomer, it might be a good idea to stick with BMW! Soz to hear bout your experience!

I live in Aylesbury, Not far NW of London.  

Hi Malc, I paid £7700 for it, about four months ago, maybe a bit more than expected but I had a full AA inspection on it and they said it was in mint condition.  Add to the fact its got 18" wheels, tinted windows, been lowered, K&N Air Filter, M3 lights and a few other mods, I thought it was worth it!  Its just reached 80,000.

I maybe persuaded to sell..... costs are a bit high for me, by that I mean insurance, servicing, and petrol! Whats your budget?

Malc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2003 at 15:21

Yello Jon,

I'm looking at a 93 325i coupe tomorrow............Glacier white colour coded, anthracite sport trim, manual, with most electical goodies.  90k on the clock, described as very nice car. 74k's worth of BMW history, spoiler and stuff.  It looks an unmolested car that was taken as a part ex on a newer 5 series.  But we'll see   #:O)

Cheers Malc......... 

oh and it's £4.5k.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic