FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRear Seat Belt E34

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Seat Belt E34
    Posted: 24-February-2003 at 22:23

On a motorway service station I THINK I saw a parked E34, G redg, with a modification to the centre lap belt

It fitted into that little holder on the parcel shelf, and made the lap belt into a 3 point jobby, although still manually adjusted

Despite intensive enquires, and an eye sight test, I cant find anything out about it.

It may of course been specially made by the owner, ( wish I'd hung around to speak to him/her).

Having 3 children it is of interest to me.

At the moment I have a halfords harness kit fitted to the lap belt, to make it a bit safer for the little horror, but I'd appreciate any comments or help to try and locate this "thing"

Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

Wonkydog View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2003 at 20:19
Hi, just sold my E34 to get an E36 M3. I had a halfords harness for my daughter in the middle of my twin boys. Have a look in your boot, In my 525 I found a hole in the horizontal metal bulkhead under the trim at just the right place to bolt the mounting point for the two shoulder straps. The ring bolt then had to feed up through the trim (had to cut a hole, not too much damage) then the harness clipped to the ring bolt. In my M3 I have fed the shoulder straps through a slot cut in the vertical bulhead into the boot, the straps feed through the slot and exit the rear seat above the rear arm rest when folded away. I had to drill a hole for the mounting bolt, but this was no problem. My daughter is 5 years old and the harness fits her fine, no need for a booster seat with this setup, might have to change it when she gets a bit bigger. Hope this helps.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2003 at 22:57

Thankyou wonky

I have a similar setup at present, with the eye bolt fitted through a hole in the "metal" parcel shelf, I just saw this one on a service station and thought thats neat, and of course the awkward little devil wants a belt like his big sisters

Many Thanks

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic