FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInspection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspection
    Posted: 27-July-2004 at 13:36

Dave B mentions in the 'Black car at ind...' to get an inspection [or actually a bloody one ;) for £100.

I'll soon be buying an E30 M3 hopefully but I am from N.Ireland and will have to travel to england (or scotland/wales) to get one so I guess it would be advisable to get a RAC or AA or whatever inspection on the car. Who would be the best people to get to do this for me? And how comprehensive an inspection is it? Would they be able to tell you if the car was ever crashed etc?

Thanks

D

Or if there was anyone from NI looking to sell and E30 M3 gimme a shout pls.  I saw a black (or upon closer inspection a it had a purply tint off it) one in Belfast a few weeks ago.  The first one I saw in about 5 years!

Sponsored Links

Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 13:43

I am not sure the AA are the *best* people to check over these cars as quite frankly, you would be hard pushed to find an inspector who has knowledge of these cars.

Put it this way, the layman would assume that the s14 engine at idle was running rough and required a tune when in fact its fine.

mozzie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 14:05

These guys have been mentioned - they certainly know a lot about the E36 - give them a buzz - could bethe best 150 quid you ever spend!!

Have a look at this link

http://www.m3supercar.com/aboutus.html

...and then select "Pre purchase inspection" I contacted them and they are willing to come to the car - better that way as they can see the car "cold".

Good luck!!

Edited by mozzie
kevin View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 15:04
Originally posted by DAM998 DAM998 wrote:

I saw a black (or upon closer inspection a it had a purply tint off it) one in Belfast a few weeks ago.
The purply tint colour is most likely to be Macau Blue, if it's the original colour then it will be a limited edition car but that doesn't help with an inspection.

It could get expensive if you have to specifically travel over to look at cars. There are a lot of rough ones around and the sellers regard them as "excellent".

I would be happy to have a quick look at any that are local to me, near Junctions 3 & 4 of the M3. It might just save you a wasted trip, just PM me.
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
e30m3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 15:10
for an inspection i'd take it to munich legends they really do know there stuff. The AA won't know the cars and the commen faults like munichs do. They will be harsh but 1/2 the stuff they find may not be worth worrying with plus a huge long to do list may help when beating down the price. Think they charge £100 + VAT
DAM998 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2004 at 15:18

Thanks mozzie

And thanks Kevin- I will do.

I'm gonna plan my trip well and go to munich legends first to get a look at a really good one as a benchmark.  Can you take cars to ML for them to look at or will they come out to view a car?  As it could be difficult if the car I was looking at was 100, 200 whatever miles from ML?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic