Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3 Touring cars out in September?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Ex E30 M3 owner...

Direct Link To This Post Topic: M3 Touring cars out in September?
    Posted: 09-August-2004 at 10:11
I read over the weekend in MOTORSPORT NEWS that there is to be an event which features all the British touring cars from the Bastos Rovers through M3's and Cosworth's and everything else.

The date was vaguely given as September. Anyone else know anything?

Phil

Edited by Phil-C
Sponsored Links

215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2004 at 10:29
might give some info here

Plus there is a 1hour classic touring car race at Pembrey on the 25-26th of september ? could be it.
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2004 at 18:13
I think this is to be at Donnington at the last round of the BTCC of this season
215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2004 at 19:13
There is a proposed "BTCC masters" race at Donnington but I think that is just refering to drivers and I think they would all be driving the same type of car... might be wrong though
Phil-C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Ex E30 M3 owner...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2004 at 08:32
I'll keep my eyes open and if I see any news I'll post it here.

Would be a good day out.
BM3K View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
S50 ZM Coupe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 19:36
Sounds excellent.....my bro would love it too if theres cossie's involved.....
"Signatures may contain 1 or more images placed horizontally up to a max total height 150px, max total width 600px, max total size 25k."
1991 Macau converts has gone
Now I've got a ZM Coupe
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 19:58
Originally posted by 215DMX 215DMX wrote:

There is a proposed "BTCC masters" race at Donnington but I think that is just refering to drivers and I think they would all be driving the same type of car... might be wrong though

Correct. They are using all Seat Leons.
Peter H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 20:39
Champions Confirm Place On BTCC Masters Grid

By BTCC News Team
Jul 16, 2004, 10:52
Email this article
 Printer friendly page

Six past champions of the British Touring Car Championship – John Cleland, Rob Gravett, Tim Harvey, Alain Menu, Jason Plato and Gabriele Tarquini as well as double Touring Car World Cup winner Paul Radisich – have confirmed they will compete in the first ever ‘BTCC Masters’ race.

They become the first star names to announce their participation in the event on Green Flag BTCC finals day at Donington Park on Sunday, 26 September when a total of 18 specially invited drivers will race identical SEAT Cupras.

Other past champions and heroes of the BTCC will be announced in the coming weeks for what is one of the most eagerly anticipated dates on the 2004 motor sport calendar.

John Cleland (GBR): BTCC Champion 1989 (Vauxhall Astra) & 1995 (Vauxhall Cavalier)

John Cleland
“I think it’s a great idea and also quite brave. It will raise the profile of the BTCC and remind everyone of the level of international drivers that have taken part in the championship. Everybody doing this is a pro’ or ex-pro’ and, as a consequence, every one of us will want to win the race. The expectation is tremendous and it will be a great spectacle. I’ve no scores to settle and I don’t think anyone should go into it thinking like that.”

Robb Gravett (GBR): BTCC Champion 1990 (Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500)

Robb Gravett
“There will be some massive egos getting into those cars. I don’t care what people say, all the drivers will still want to win. I’m sure there’ll be some paint exchanged and there’s no harm in that – just so long as nobody goes out and does anything stupid. I, of course, don’t do that sort of thing. It is a fantastic event and I’m sure it’s going to attract an enormous crowd. It is very good for Donington Park and very good for the sport.”

Tim Harvey (GBR): BTCC Champion 1992 (BMW 320i)

Tim Harvey
“I’m obviously highly excited by this event. It’s a wonderful idea and a great, great crowd puller for the BTCC final race day of 2004. It will be marvellous fun racing against some of the old characters. So long as I beat John Cleland then everything will be fine, but that’s a foregone conclusion anyway.”

Alain Menu (SUI): BTCC Champion 1997 (Renault Laguna) & 2000 (Ford Mondeo)

Alain Menu
“It would be nice to win, but really it’s about having some fun. Touring Cars in the UK has always been very big so, for sure, it is something the crowds are going to enjoy. They are going to see some bodywork rubbing – oh, yes, it will happen – and I hope SEAT is ready for that! Donington Park brings back good memories – I remember I split the Audis in 1997 when I overtook John Bintcliffe on the last lap and I won in the Mondeo in 2000 with a lot of ballast.”

Jason Plato (GBR): BTCC Champion 2001 (Vauxhall Astra)

Jason Plato
“I’ve no scores to settle. There’s only one person I’ve fallen out with and that’s Yvan Muller, but he’s not doing it because Vauxhall won’t let him. It will be great to race with the calibre of these drivers. I can’t wait. What an event – it will be amazing to be part of it. It’s going to be very hard fought: none of this ‘after you, sir’. If people don’t do it I think they’ll regret it, particularly if they are available.”

Paul Radisich (NZL):  Touring Car World Cup Winner 1993 & 1994 (Ford Mondeo)

Paul Radisich
“What a great event and a fabulous concept! I’m flying all the way from Australia to do it, as it’s just the type of race that everyone dreams about; to get all the great names from the BTCC and throw them together in equal cars will produce one of the most enjoyable, exciting and competitive races that can be imagined. Anyone (spectators or drivers) who misses this event will be kicking themselves afterwards. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Gabriele Tarquini (ITA): BTCC Champion 1994 (Alfa Romeo 155)

Gabriele Tarquini
“I really like this idea and I’m very grateful that Alfa Romeo has allowed me to take part. I really enjoyed my time in the BTCC – the fans, the circuits, the whole championship. It was a great atmosphere, like a big party. I don’t have any big rivals. It will just be great again to race against some of the drivers because they were all at a very high level.”

Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic