Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrice Check!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price Check!
    Posted: 12-August-2004 at 14:07

Hi there, I have a 1988 E28 M535i in Alpine White, Dogleg Gearbox, Full M Leather interior in good condition, electric seats, 3 week old MOT, 11 months Tax, 17" Alloys which really suit the car, Aftermarket backbox, and a brand newly fitted Fritz's Bits 6 branch stainless manifold. I've performed a complete service and have loads of spare parts, including a whole 1986 5-speed M535i in black which is MOT'able itself but I have no need to do so.

I'd like to sell both cars to the same person so they have spares, I have a few brand new spares also, mounts, brake parts etc.

One problem with the White one, the gearbox (after paying £320 to replace the front two bearings) has a bad rumble.. After rules of deduction is must be the rear layshaft bearing which is at fault. It's going to cost a lot of money to do, and I was wondering if I'd actually make money in the end by doing this.

I've thought about swapping the gearboxes but the Dogleg cars have a rear diff ratio or 3.07 compared to 3.25 in the 5-speed, and it would be nice to keep the car original.

I was thinking I could get £2250 if the dogleg was fixed, I'd be willing to take close to £1950 or a reasonable offer.. Or I could get the work done and deduct it from the price I'm asking.. Who knows.. Ideas please!

I've also realised this could be concieved as a for sale thread, if it seems that way please could the moderators remove what they like but try to keep the jist of the post!.. Sorry if it causes you any trouble.

Edited by Jon T
Sponsored Links

Jon T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 14:14

Edited by Jon T
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 15:16

Hi Jon,

Don't suppose you have a spare rear apron or any of the body kit covers do you? I have an '86 528i with an M535i body kit but missing rear apron and covers.

Paul Sharp

1986 528i Manual, M535i body kit, Interior M-Tech accessories, M-Sport interior, 16" Alessio 5 spoke wheels, Spax 35mm lowered

Edited by e28silver528i
Jon T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 15:50
Sorry Paul, it might be worth asking Fritz's Bits though, they have around 14 E28 M535i's laying around their place, so I hear.
Jon T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2004 at 17:32

Just to add, it has Ford Mustang injectors and a Cobra CAT 1 Alarm, which I had fitted myself about a month ago.

I suppose it may be more benificial to sell them seperately.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic