Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFast and Modified show 17th July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 07:33

yip think so alan with a bit of luck lol..

quick update on this,spoke to michael at f&m today and he says that he will give a maximum of twelve spaces for cars,he also told me that he needs registration numbers in order to give out passes for show ect,when you arrive on the day of the show,at the entry gate each driver has to pay £5 and any additional passengers will pay £10 normal entry fee,when the driver pays his £5 he will recieve a goody bag containing various things including autoglym car polish.

so thats about as much as i know just now,hope this helps

Sponsored Links

M BLUR View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ZeeMax ROADSTER

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 07:42

Wait a mo - we have to pay to display at their show.. hmm.. what's the show without stands one wonders.. this is a new one. free entrance for exhibitors at FCFO last year. We also got the goody bag last year but it didn't cost a fiver and you certainly don't get a fiver's worth neither. Is this the Edinburgh parking mentality slipping in through the gates one wonders.. perhaps blue meanies will be in attendance...

I'm going to wait to hear from F&M as to whether they'll consider 8LUR for a 'top 50' spot... I reckon it's all filled and they're usually biased towards Jap or anything that runs at Strathy Cruise but there you go..

www.lbmracing.com

1998 Zeemax M Roadster
2005 X5 3.0D Sport
1991 Esprit SE Race car

mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 08:29
mmmmmmm sounded a good idea at the time lol
M3CSL View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 09:31
Originally posted by M BLUR M BLUR wrote:

I'm going to wait to hear from F&M as to whether they'll consider 8LUR for a 'top 50' spot... I reckon it's all filled and they're usually biased towards Jap or anything that runs at Strathy Cruise but there you go..

.... or flip painted bottom of the range hatchbacks

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 10:51

Also been speaking with Michael from Autorader - tried to push for an indoor spot but no-go so far.. good work Allan on calling upon your underworld contacts..

I think unless we get permission from James or Tommy then this event will be non-BMWCCGB.. so no club badges etc. Hopefully committee will approve by then..

IF it's sunny - SS-R did a BBQ last time and was a big hit.. [idea]

Do you recon i would of posted it on here if it were not BMW Car Club event?

Course its a club thing

Just get it orginized instead of talking about it LOL

Edited by pete323
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
glasgow/iscoupe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 12:43

Wait a mo - we have to pay to display at their show.. hmm.. what's the show without stands one wonders.. this is a new one. free entrance for exhibitors at FCFO last year. We also got the goody bag last year but it didn't cost a fiver and you certainly don't get a fiver's worth neither. Is this the Edinburgh parking mentality slipping in through the gates one wonders.. perhaps blue meanies will be in attendance...

all other cars on show have to pay the same money as we do,we dont want the old"think cause they drive bmw's" thing starting,i for one dont think a fiver is out of anyones reach,after all they do have overheads to pay.

fcfo last year had loads of money thrown at it by fast car,live promotions and a big variety of sponsers,f&m are doing this themselves and will be lucky if they break even as ingleston showground is very expensive to hire,plus loads of people have to be paid ie:stewards,health&safety,ambulance crew as they have to be onsite all day.

also dont see any prob with putting forward for a top 50 spot,they are not also biased as there will be jap stands there too and if you look at what there giving away thats a jap car is it not,they have featured loads of different cars from all walks of life and please remember this is a modified car show,whether it be body,performance or i.c.e installs anything goes so yes even 1ltr saxos and corsas if there good enough,cheers    davie

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 12:58
sorry meant to say,if no one wants to organise this,then i will organise something for glasgow and surrounding area if that would be ok,if not then there is no harm done,just a suggestion as sure there are people who would like to go to show there cars off as there aint a lot of time to the show.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 13:05

for anyone wanting to put there car forward for a top 50 spot information below

If you are interested in getting your car in the top 50 send an email to fraz@fastandmodified.com. Also if you are a member of a club and you are looking for a club stand then send your details to:l events@fastandmodified.com

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 13:08

Originally posted by glasgow/iscoupe glasgow/iscoupe wrote:

sorry meant to say,if no one wants to organise this,then i will organise something for glasgow and surrounding area if that would be ok,if not then there is no harm done,just a suggestion as sure there are people who would like to go to show there cars off as there aint a lot of time to the show.

What do you mean by this?

If we are having a BMW Car Club Scottish Region club stand then that means Scottish Region,not just Glasgow or Surrounding areas

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 13:28
Originally posted by pete323 pete323 wrote:

Originally posted by glasgow/iscoupe glasgow/iscoupe wrote:

sorry pete if i wasnt clear on what i said,surrounding area should have read regional my apoligies.

If we are having a BMW Car Club Scottish Region club stand then that means Scottish Region,not just Glasgow or Surrounding areas

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 14:05
Lets just show up en masse and put the banners etc up in the FREE car park.bigok
528 for now
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 14:28
so whats happening then with this?
Torch Str8 6 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 14:44

right i think we need to hear wots happened with regards to contact emails etc as its getting out of hand now

has there been a confirmed booking for 12 places?

if not then im willing to take over and go ahead and sort out booking and payment etc

Summer Project on its way......
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 14:50
there aint no booking as yet and you dont pay now,you pay your £5 when you arrive
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 15:45

You have your 12 cars,so someone take control and contact the dude and give him there reg`s

I have everyones reg`s that pm`d me

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
MrBroon View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:17

Right folks, sorry I've not been involved in this thread sooner, I've just had it brought to my attention.

Pete can you pls PM me the relevant details for this event and also let me know your reasons for stepping back from taking this forward with the organisers.

Guys, if you can pls bear with me I will try and resolve this and get back to you with what the region plans to do with regard to this event and how it is to be run.

Thanks.

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:32
I have emailed you with all details inc who has said they are wanting to go and there cars details etc:
Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
M3 Cliff View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:37

Why are people grudging a fiver to get and also what is the problem with the original planns of the outdoor stand. Please dont let the plan's for this show fall apart as it was a cracker last year and a good chance to spread the word.

Cheers, Cliff.

[IMG]http://bavarian-board.co.uk/uploads/Webdunk/cliffsig.jpg">
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:40
Originally posted by Cliff 323 Cliff 323 wrote:

Why are people grudging a fiver to get and also what is the problem with the original planns of the outdoor stand. Please dont let the plan's for this show fall apart as it was a cracker last year and a good chance to spread the word.

Cheers, Cliff.

My thoughts exactly Cliff

We had to pay £5 to get our cars in at AECC,but you never heard us moan

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
Torch Str8 6 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 17:03

cheers BMBits  looks like things are back on track then

Summer Project on its way......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic