Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGalway/Craggy Island November 4/5th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2006 at 16:42

2 changes.

The first is that Ben will be unfortunately detained on Saturday in Limerick, so will only be joining us for the drive.

The second is the restauraunt - the owners father died so I'll have to find another one.  Kirbys was nice last year, so I'll try them again.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo325ci View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo325ci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 18:53
Ill definatly be there for the drive and lunch on Sunday. I might show up for breakfast too if I can...

Edited by Jimbo325ci
Past:    '99 316i coupe

Present: Imola Red '02 325Ci Sport
spokey View Drop Down
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 19:06
I'd love to go, but the ferry prices are still crazy. Just can't afford it right now. 
Ciao,
Spokey

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 20:46
I will head to the Karting... that is it unfortunately.
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 20:58

Kin - at least stay overnight.  You can head back up early on Sunday morning...

Jimbo - aiming 11am in the KingsValley for brekkie (their breakfast normally ends earlier, but am pushing to get people a lie-in!!!)

Spokey/Horsetan - sorry ye can't make it.  Would have been nice to have some people from across the water.  Next year, perhaps.

Dinner will be in a new restauraunt that opened last Saturday.  The people who have it have an excellent reputation in their other restauraunts.

Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo325ci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 21:10
Thanks fey, whereabouts is the kingsvalley?

Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 21:33
Next to Galway Crystal.  We'll be meeting Digweed at about 12:30 in Kinvara outside the Pier Head - might get a shot of the cars along the pier there.
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo325ci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 21:49
Perfect, ill see ye there so!   Kinvarra is a nice spot for a group shot alright

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 10:14

Ok i have a route planned out, its down to two options, the one id prefer is the coast route, should be a way nicer drive, but it depends on how long it is so im off to drive it now,

Ill meet up with the rest of ye at kinvarra and from there:

-burren - bealaclugga - ballyvaughan - murrough - fanore - doolin - liscannor - lahinch - ennistymon - kilfenora - kilnaboy *where the house is* - then on to corofin - fountain cross and finish in ennis..

See map here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=- 1025000&Y=6950000&width=700&height=400&gride =&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=&ad dr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=& amp;localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=& amp;keepicon=&zm=1&scale=500000

Other option is again start in kinvarra then on to:

Burren - bealaclugga - ballyvaughan - lisdoonvarna - kilfenora - kilnaboy - corofin - fountain cross - ennis.

I think the first would be a nicer drive but ill go now and see how long it will take, Let me know which one you would prefer.

Ben

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 10:20
I wish I could go 
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 10:51

That looks good, Ben.  Had arranged Kinvara with Digweed as he knows the region well (or should do!!!)

Digweed is supposed to have come up with somewhere for us to eat down there...

AHEALY View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AHEALY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 11:01
Unfortunately, I cant get down for the drive on Sunday. Family commitments again i'm afraid. Would love to be there
Ado
'97 523i & 95 M3
97 Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon (sold)
Richie View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Irish Region

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 13:58
Me and the better half are confirmed. Wont be leaving Dublin til 11:30 so see you at the karting.

Fey- is there a room booked for me?
Richie

Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 15:00

Richie - of course there is!

I have 7 rooms booked altogether.

Claudio View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 15:04
ok im in guys,sorry for delay in answer i just got delayed with an answer from work,is there anyone meeting up in dublin and driving down together ???
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 15:14

Make that 8 rooms booked!

Breakfast is booked for 14 people on Sunday morning, but the hotel is checking to see if they can make that 11am.

Dinner is booked for 8:30 on Saturday night.

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 16:02

Ok im just back and have the route planned, its the first choice above, took an hour and a half from kinvarra to the house is that ok with everyone?

Actually met the mc cormack family at the house so i called in and asked if it would be ok to come and take a few pics etc on sunday and they said no problem at all, jesus its a real farmhouse alright there was chickens everywhere in the yard!!

Well let dermot decide on the food as there were too many options on the way down!!

As for stops there are literally 100's, i have a few picked out but im gonna ask people on the day if ye wish to stop just flash and pull in if theres enough space for the group,

Now fingers crossed we get good weather, it was amazing today with the sun shine! pity i couldnt get out of the car for fear of freezing!!

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
digweed View Drop Down
I’m SOOO cut out for world domination!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 16:18
Originally posted by Ben O Brien Ben O Brien wrote:

Ok i have a route planned out, its down to two options, the one id prefer is the coast route, should be a way nicer drive, but it depends on how long it is so im off to drive it now,

Ill meet up with the rest of ye at kinvarra and from there:

-burren - bealaclugga - ballyvaughan - murrough - fanore - doolin - liscannor - lahinch - ennistymon - kilfenora - kilnaboy *where the house is* - then on to corofin - fountain cross and finish in ennis..

See map here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=- 1025000&Y=6950000&width=700&height=400&gride =&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=&ad dr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=& amp; amp;localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=& amp; amp;keepicon=&zm=1&scale=500000

Other option is again start in kinvarra then on to:

Burren - bealaclugga - ballyvaughan - lisdoonvarna - kilfenora - kilnaboy - corofin - fountain cross - ennis.

I think the first would be a nicer drive but ill go now and see how long it will take, Let me know which one you would prefer.

Ben

if i might throw in a suggestion go through carron from kilfenora, you'll get some great views of mullach mor.

D.

Dermot O Rourke, used to be '99 520 black metallic
Now '01 525 M-Sport, cosmos black, sports half leather seats, upgraded lights and a kick like a mule!!!
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 17:02
We need to be at Pallas Karting for 2:00pm sharp. Has to start on time or we won't be able to drive. That will give us a few minutes to get sorted.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
JohnH View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 17:48

I thought karting was at 4?

I don't think we can leave Maynooth before 12.30 - we'll miss the karting then

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic