Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGalway/Craggy Island November 4/5th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 21:51

I thought karting was at 3!!!

Oops

Sponsored Links

topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 22:31

Originally posted by Richie Richie wrote:

Me and the better half are confirmed. Wont be leaving Dublin til 11:30 so see you at the karting.

Fey- is there a room booked for me?

Having a sleep in you poor thing you  or else you are polishing the car I bet

Can we all agree on a time to leave or is it everyone for themselves and now that the karting is at 2pm not 3pm puts more pressure on the spin down

Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Claudio View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:18
will, someone confirm this karting time and whos leavin where etc please...
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 09:10

Hi Fey.

I had planned to go, but got an email this morning from EVO Magazine to say I got a place on their drift course!! So I'm gonna save my €€€ for that. I can't wait!

-----Original Message-----
 Sent: 01 November 2006 17:13
Subject: evo drift day at Silverstone on 25th November

Hello

Thanks for registering for the evo drift tutorial.  We are writing to you to in order to arrange your place at Silverstone on Saturday 25th November
and to organise payment (please see a reminder of the details below)

Don’t delay, as places are limited!

Best regards

The evo team

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

You’ve seen the pictures, you’ve seen the videos and now it’s your turn to drift like Meaden, Bovingdon and Barker with our very own evo drift experience

Our experts will teach you how to balance a car in a power slide in both directions and use the weight of the car to induce a tailslide. You’ll even be using our cars, so you can burn rubber all day without worrying about large tyre bills!
An orientation and demonstration from our instructors will familiarize you with the Caterhams and you will be taught to steer the car using the throttle. Initially you may find yourself spinning the car as you deliberately provoke power oversteer. You will then learn how to kick the tail out and hold the slide by balancing smooth steering and throttle inputs. There are few feelings more satisfying than controlling a drift and the ‘grin factor’ is simply off the scale!
The instructors will teach you both in groups and individually and we guarantee that you will have drifted a car before the day is out! When your confidence has grown we will change to a more challenging track layout designed to allow you longer drifts. Ultimately there will be 4 courses with the last giving you the opportunity to show off your new drifting abilities at a higher speed and through multiple corners. Our team will judge the three best drifters of the day and award prizes, but everyone leaves with a smile and improved driving skills!

There will be a variety of evo prizes handed out and members of the evo team on hand for demonstration runs in some of our longtermers.

Places are strictly limited to just 32 drivers, the event takes place on Saturday 25th November at Silverstone.

The price for the full day is just Ł199 including a light lunch and all day refreshments.

http://www.evo.co.uk/interact/evocompetitions/203351/learn_t o_drift_the_evo_way.html

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
bingus666 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bingus666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 09:37

Hey Fey!

What's the story with the drive on Sunday? where do we meet up first & at what time! Is there a specific route?

go raibh mile...

318IS Coupe mtec
Ford Thunderbird Coupe V6

((oo==oo))
they mostly come out at night, mostly...
Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 14:17

I will be leading the run, unfortunately i wont be around on saturday so i will meet up with the group at kinvarra and we will travel down the coast road and on to kilnaboy to see the fr ted parochial house then on to have food somewhere to be confirmed, see the last page for details of the route its the first option we are going with as long as people are happy to,

I believe we will be meeting up at 12.30 at kinvarra.

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 15:39
That'll be a good sight Ben. A crappy Volvo followed closely by a gang of BMW's trying to get past.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 16:38

According to Alex, the karting is at 2pm.  I'm trying to locate a map to Tynagh, which is close to Portumna.

On Sunday, breakfast is at 11 o'clock sharp in the Kingsvalley hotel (see link on opening post).  We'll leave there around 11:45 to 12, to be in Kinvara at the pier at 12:30.  Ben takes over from there.

Any problems, you can contact me on 087-9696835, as I'm not sure if I'll get online later on or in the morning (depends on the progress of the builders in the house!!!)

Ger - can you give me a call, please.  Thanks.

Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 16:44
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 22:31

The Pallas guy wants us to start driving before 3pm. Basically we all need to be there by 2:30 at the latest so we should aim to be there for 2pm.

How long does it take to get to Tynagh from Loughrea?

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 10:01
Nowt wrong with the performance of my volvo! 170bhp on tap!!
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
94' M3 3.0 Convertible

*E36 M3's Breaking*
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 18:37
I hope someone takes pics of this trip!!

Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 18:44
I think you guys missed a really good one,Fey,Flyingalex and Ben outdid themselves and I was only there for part of it
Dax Klynsmith
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 19:27

Just got round to logging on, plenty of pics to come horsetan,

Just want to say thanks to all who came, i for one had a great time and i hope this is extended to all who took part.

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
94' M3 3.0 Convertible

*E36 M3's Breaking*
mackeroo1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
IRISH REGION MEMBER ///MACKEROO1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackeroo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 21:11
no long home awful traffic on the way up from limerick.
another super galway weekend thanks to fey and dig ,thanks to alex for as mick said in another post probably the best karting i have ever done, even if slowly!! thanks to ben for the tour through the burren and the trip to craggy island,nice way to spend a weekend seeing some old familiar faces and some new ones , roll on the next one

Edited by mackeroo1
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2006 at 22:15
Yup fantastic weekend and some great driving as well, karting was a buzz and a revisit is a must, big thanks to all who organised it and teh weather stayed dry and was perfect so thanks all and for those who missed it all I can say is get along to the next one (this was my first Galway trip and certainly won't be my last) 
Jimbo325ci View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo325ci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 07:44

Thanks for all the organising lads, It was a great drive, and great to finally meet the people Ive been chatting to for so long!

Past:    '99 316i coupe

Present: Imola Red '02 325Ci Sport
bingus666 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bingus666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 09:25

hey guys! thanks for a very enjoyable drive around the burren! even when I got lost! but we all quickly got it back together again... never thought I'd get the bottom of the car cleaned so well on those roads... bring on the next one! am about to overhaul the beast in a few weeks so he'll be looking the t*ts for it!

thanks to the organisers!

318IS Coupe mtec
Ford Thunderbird Coupe V6

((oo==oo))
they mostly come out at night, mostly...
topazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 10:17
Damm just seen a door nice deep dent on my rear passenger side panel down below the protection strip  have a feeling it was that silver 5 series that parked next to me on saturday night anybody know if these dents can be removed or do I have to go to a body panel shop  
Claudio View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2006 at 10:39
Sorry to hear that niall,Im sure it can be sorted,Just to confirm it wasnt me cos i was on the other side in ther car park...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic