Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Regional & Specific Forums - Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhats the most exotic car you’ve seen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote highbeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 23:24

Saw Maclaren F1 At Bond square London

AM Vanquish surrounded by 6 Rolls Royces  used for airport pickups at the Burj al arab hotel in Dubai. They even have a guy in scuba gear to clean the fish tanks everyday.

Continental GT Clonakilty roundabout.

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 23:41
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

last year there was a New GT40 - stupid car, a fat/high version of the proper GT40  

The new one is just a GT (no 40)
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

well today's car was an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage on the way to my workplace this morning around Lanark in scotland...loverly mota, some lucky git in a suit driving it. {made my morning tho}

On the way to the in-laws recently I passed a DB5 - made the trip worthwhile!
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 23:47
Hu that is a tricky one as I lived in Munich so plenty off rare metal. Guess the Ascari I saw in Wales a year and a half ago. Here an Aston Martin Vantage V8 from the 80's a couple of weeks ago and an DB6 two years ago broken down in Wicklow .....

Edited by beemerchris
milltown View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote milltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 23:58

Originally posted by BM Fan BM Fan wrote:

I think the rarest I have ever seen was a Maybach in the city centre, D Reg!!

Yeah, that's Johnny Ronan's car (developer/investor), and a rare car but a regular sight around Baggot St. and Ballsbridge. Usually double parked or on double yellows with the chauffeur either cleaning it or sitting in it ready to go round the block when the clampers show up.

In Portland a few years ago there was a Testarossa parked in front of the hotel for two days. Being an ex-Miami Vice fan I had to go over and admire the sheer undiluted eighties-ness of it. Then when I watched it leave, wonder how two people (one a woman!) could fit two nights worth of clothes and toiletries under the bonnet.

US M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote US M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 00:52

As some of the lads have mentioned already, Bentleys nowadays seem to be around alot, sure there is 2 GT continentals and 1 Flying Spur, a silver Ford GT and at least 2 Cayenne Turbos alone here in Ashbourne

I have seen some lovely cars in Monaco and San Diego, but on our roads here the best one I think was the silver SLR coming out of MDL last year, the size of it and the sound as it flew up the Longmile Road was awesome.

I was in a lovely 2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti for a few hot laps last year, holy sh*t it was one well finished and comfortable car inside.

larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 07:44

Been thinking about this thread... All my exotic spotting seem to be in Denmark but nonetheless:

Ferrari Enzo (on Danish plates €2 million!); a couple of summers ago. Juan Barazi arriving at the Historic Gran Prix in Copenhagen. Unusually it was silver in colour, took a couple of pictures after he parked it in the pitlane. He was racing an AC Cobra which he promptly crashed into a barrier taking out the front corner returning with the wheel hanging off it! He was due at the same event last summer and was to bring his Porsche 917 from the UK; unfortunately he did not make it.

Also in DK a Koenigsegg coming down the off-ramp on the opposite side of the motorway; would have loved to have seen it close-up.

I spotted the aforementioned orange Murcielago a couple of years ago in Dublin, UK plates.

For Maybach spotting go to New York; it seems to have become the luxury limo of choice for some of the better hotels, which does   undermine its exclusivity somewhat.

Larzyh.

BM Fan View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote BM Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 07:57
West Hollywood in LA is great if you are foreign car spotting. We were at a trade show there last year and on the beer. Breakfast was eggs and bacon outside at this restaurant / bar beside the hotel and next door was a Starbucks.

I think we saw nearly every super car going and as for the babes buying their skinny lattes complete with the mutt in the handbag - don't think we really fitted in - slobering and letching away!!

Cars included - Most Porsche variants including a carrera, loads of Ferraris and Lambos, SLR  Mercs, lots of BMW M series and AMG MB but some of the nicest were the original US muscle cars. I know they are rubbish but the V8 sound from them is classic - even with a thumping headache.
narusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Quote narusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 08:05
I have seen DeTomaso Pantera in Paris last October
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 08:38
coming back from france 2 yrs ago in caen saw a couple of Marcos i reckon they were in a rally or sumthing. if you go up to weston aerodrome there are generally a few nice cars. seen aston, bently, porsche and an rr phantom owned by citywest hotel.
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 09:07

a friends dad has an F355. An F40 on the road near Pheonix Park was a big irish spot. Maybach & Phantoms in Dublin, a Jag XJ220 in Galway. There's a Veyron on the Galway-Oughterard road belonging to some builder according to my sister who lives there, but I haven't seen it yet.

I've seen loads abroad - Veyron, 959, various AMG & Brabus in Germany, Enzo in Italy, SLR in Switzerland & Moscow, Z8 in Italy & Moscow. I've been in a Pagani, Bugatti EB110, & Edonis. Seen Lambo Murchialago, Gallardo & Diablo, a Testarossa, Diablo & T512R chasing each other by Brescia, grey & dirty 360 Stradale with plexiglass windows chasing superbikes between between Verona & Bolzano (I kept with them in my 1.4TDCi Fiesta rental as long as I could - what a hoot)... you can see a pattern here. Northern Italy is fantastic for supercar spotting.

Probably my biggest buzz was in Modena; fed up sitting @ the back gates waiting for prototypes, so strolled down to shop to buy a bit of grub. Came across a Daytona on a flatbed. went over to have a poke around, and saw inside an old garage with various classic Ferraris in various states or repair, scrap, service etc.. So I just strolled in, had a wander around, went in the back and heaps of old blocks stacked high, engines being repaired etc.. it was savage. No one even batted an eyelid at me. I took a few photos - I'll post them up tomorrow when I scan them in.

denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 09:09
Over the years, I've been pretty lucky when it comes to seeing rare cars in the metal (or carbon fibre and all that).

Ferrari's (308, 355, 430, 360, F40, F50, Enzo, 512, Dinos!, and loads more)
Aston's - they all look the same (well all the new ones do anyway), James Bond's original shape Aston (DB5- I think). A Lagonda in England - too clean, not sure if it was ever driven.
Porsche - GT, 911 GT2/3s, loads of 911s. A few RUFs in Oz. And a rolled Cayenne here.
Two genuine AC Cobras 427s - not kit cars.
1 Ascari
4 Zondas
Lots of Lambos, old and new.
About ten McLaren F1s and an SLR.

But my favourite...
A Honda S600

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 12:04

been trying to think really, have been in some moderate exotics here but havent seen many lambos/ferraris and the like..

Been in an 01 S8 when it was near new, at speed! amazing for a yoke that big to go so quick!

Same goes for 03 and 05 porsche cayenne 4.5V8, unnaturally quick.

Been in a maserati 3200GT, not at speed though..

Most impressed by and really showing me up as having old man taste here was a Bentley Arnage Red label at the motor show in the nec a few years back.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>