Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Regional & Specific Forums - Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhats the most exotic car you’ve seen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 20:10
Originally posted by uoi1772 uoi1772 wrote:

Seen a '60's Aston Martin DB5 (the one James Bond ejected people out the roof type) in Luxembourg last year, a beautifully sculpted car, silver and chromed spoked wheels glistening in the sun, beautiful!

The best looking car i've driven so far the E31 840Ci

I saw a turquoise one in Ranelagh!
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 20:13
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Here's a phone-camera pic I took a while ago, sounded nice - not sure what it is.. Any ideas?

It's one of those cars from those small independent car makers, it looks like a Spyker but it isn't.

Edited by 635CSi
maxfield View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 20:14
Bugatti veyron.

Was coming down the other side of the motorway at some speed.

Didn't sound all that tho.

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 21:14
Did a numberplate check and it came up without a make/model but it does say it has a 3947cc engine and was registered in 1990.

Edited by Rhys
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 22:48

Did a numberplate check and it came up without a make/model but it does say it has a 3947cc engine and was registered in 1990.

It's obviously a kit car then.
uoi1772 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote uoi1772 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 19:43

Exotic....as in rare - saw a Renault Fuego the other day, does that count 

Did you know that the biggest engine from the fuego range was shared with the De Lorean!!

ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 20:35
Originally posted by BM Fan BM Fan wrote:

Heard Ferrari were doing something at the Mansion house today in Dublin, might have been heading in for that.

F50 is a good spot, I think the rarest I have ever seen was a Maybach in the city centre, D Reg!!

I've seen that Black Maybach a few times on Dawson St. It belongs to some developer but I can't, for the life of me, remember what his name is. Can't say it looks anything much for a quarter of a million quid car.

Saw an F355 in the Pavillions in Swords yesterday. The middle 5 was missing from the badge and the car just looked too scruffy to be true. Think it may have been an MR2 in F355 get up. Didn't see the interior so can't be sure.

ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 21:37
Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

Here's a phone-camera pic I took a while ago, sounded nice - not sure what it is.. Any ideas?

It's one of those cars from those small independent car makers, it looks like a Spyker but it isn't.

first production konnengzaggzzzzz (i give up on the spelling)

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 21:50
Originally posted by ivanovoitch ivanovoitch wrote:

I've seen that Black Maybach a few times on Dawson St. It belongs to some developer but I can't, for the life of me, remember what his name is. Can't say it looks anything much for a quarter of a million quid car.

There was something about the Maybach 62 in the Irish Times Motors supplement recently (here...).  They are the bigger and more expensive version but yoou can have one for €693,000. The 57 is UK£267K so after converting to Euro, accounting for more VAT and throwing 33%VRT on the retail price, it weighs in at a lot more than a quarter of a million.
I see them frequently when at work (in Stillorgan). I see absolutely nothing inspiring in them!
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 22:10
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

I see absolutely nothing inspiring in them!

Me either. But then I think they are a very passenger focussed car. What did
Simon Cowel say on Top Gear? "You'll never get bored in a Maybach" or
something.

Edited by flyingalexf68
T.J. View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 09:14
I think that car looks like an Ultima or similar..
gjoconnor92 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

The eyes have it

Post Options Post Options   Quote gjoconnor92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 12:06

When I was going down to Ballyvaughan (see the other thread for what I did!) on Friday. I saw near Daingean Co. Offaly what looked like a Bently estate

I did not think such a car existed. It looked to be a current model.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>