Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYorks & Humber meet 31st Oct 06

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 04:13
It was great to finally get to meet some of the people behind the typing at last

Great meet, brilliant people, well done
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Sponsored Links

Goldryder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 04:17
Oh and happy birthday too Stu & Howard

just noticed you on the list at bottom of site

Edited by Goldryder
danraw View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 04:41
I didn't want to be the first one to mention the birthday thing, but now i'm safe - Happy Birthday guys
2006 520d M Sport
Goldryder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 04:48
Now had they told us that it was their birthday, we could have organised a little something...hehehehe
John Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 05:05

Thanks Stu, a good night for Sarah & I. A few more people than last time we made it, so that was good. Sorry for leaving early but it's around an hours drive home for us and with work in the morning, we just had to go. On the up side, the rain had stopped and the roads were clear all the way back.

It can't have been that warm as Sylv didn't seem too keen on you opening that window!!!

The food was good again, but I'm glad I didn't order a Pizza, I'd have had to have a take away box for that one!

See you all naxt time (Hopefully)

JB

100GRA View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100GRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 05:29

Thanks, Stu, and happy birthday!

Couldn't really fault the Wellington for the price (£35). Nothing special, but a comfortable bed for the night (en suite) and a good breakfast.

Took me exactly an hour to get back here to the office (on the far west side of Sheffield) this morning, which was roughly half the time it took me last night!

Thanks for organising the meeting - it was good to meet you all.

Edited by 100GRA
John Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 07:24
Oh yeah,     STU. Grecian use starts today??
StuB View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 08:59

Thanks for the good wishes, apparently we men are as old as the woman (women?) we feel?

It's my 'real' birthday next month too (when I'm off the penicillin!)  if that helps???

John, I still know people in the mob you know - Waddington you say???

Boost baby, BOOST!
John Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 10:32
Careful Stu, "Women" would mean plural, if Sylv hears you talking like that, you'll not see another Birthday! Did I say Waddington? I meant um, um Brize Norton!
JonandDebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonandDebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2005 at 21:12

Hello,

I've just bought myself an N-1996 323 coupe. I always like to be part of an owners club... I wonder if it would be ok (as am not a member yet) for us to pop over to Howden on 29th?

Only one thing... "She who must be obeyed" has asked if the conversation will be 100% cars...?

I look forward to meeting you all

Jonathan

(and Debs)

StuB View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2005 at 07:47

Hi Jon & Debs

At least half of the room is 100% car talk as I'm a self confessed petrol head, but my wife always tries to turn the conversation to other things (quite successfully at times too).

You're welcome to join us and we can show you some of the benefits of being members.

The Barnes Wallace to huge portions at reasonable prices as well as real ales (guest beers always on tap) etc. for the none driver.

Cheers

Stu

Boost baby, BOOST!
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2005 at 13:56
The Barnes Wallace is one of those homely sort of pubs with a roaring log fire and a small 'library' made up of piles of books on the window ledges.. now these are mainly aircraft and engineering books as a homage to the namesake of the establishment.. there is however, a dog-eared Mills and Boon in amongst them all.. so there is no need for Debs to get bored.
StuB View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2005 at 11:44

I have another quiz this month (November) and I also have some prizes, kindly donated by local businesses (still working on some more) for the 'winners' (plural) as it's our last meeting before Christmas.

Some 'stuff' from last month;

• Lots of interest in the NE AGM, 4th Feb 06 at the Fox & Grapes (tbc) on the A64, 2m west of the A1M. <<edited to say 4th>>
  • Only 1 down so far for the Car Club AGM
  • 3 of us willing to car share and get out into the other parts of the North East (if we're welcome guys?).
  • 4 people already keen to be at the National Show, Gaydon 06.
  • 5 volunteers for the Yorkshire Post Car Show in June (date tbc).
  • 1 interested in Tatton Park show
  • Croft (11th year) 4 of us (including Nick) interested.  Dates tbc.
  • Article submitted for one of the Car Club magazines.

Hope to see you all there on Tuesday.

Edited by StuB
Boost baby, BOOST!
John Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2005 at 13:16

Stu,

All being well Sarah and I shall be there again, look forward to seeing you all.

JB

Edited by John Boy
StuB View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2005 at 15:48
Nice one.  Cheers John.
Boost baby, BOOST!
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2005 at 13:32
Originally posted by StuB StuB wrote:

• Croft (11th year) 4 of us (including Nick) interested. Dates tbc.

• July 10th..

We'll be there on Tuesday in Chris' new Pug!
    100GRA View Drop Down
    Advanced Newbie
    Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100GRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 07:09

After my 'debut' last month, I can't make it tonight, I'm afraid - too busy working. I definitely won't be at the meeting on 27th December (assuming there is one) because it's my daughter's wedding day! So all being well I'll see you on 31st January. Meanwhile, a happy Christmas and a properous New Year to you all.

Graham Snowdon

StuB View Drop Down
    Senior Member II
    Senior Member II
    Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 07:16

Cheers Graham.

Hope all goes well for you over the festive period.

No meet planned for the 27th December, so see you in the New Year.

Boost baby, BOOST!
    John Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2005 at 03:07

Stu,

Sorry we didn’t make it last night, something came up! I was looking forward to a good meal, a few pints and letting Sarah drive me home. Oh well, see you in the new year.

John

StuB View Drop Down
    Senior Member II
    Senior Member II
    Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2005 at 04:22

Five hardy souls turned up last night for a quiz, three going home with a prize kindly donated by Stratstone Hull. 

Nick walked away with the first prize, with a stunning display of knowledge of the British Car Industry (no it's not a myth).

Thanks to all those who managed to turn up.  Hope the weather doesn't keep so many away in 2006.

See you on the 31 January.

Stu

Boost baby, BOOST!
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
      Share Topic