Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOssy Osbournes 745i Schnitzer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2005 at 10:16
10mm was what I meant to write....(minus all the spelling errors, which people only notice them after they click post...). I couldnt tell you the mpg I get I usually wear a blind-fold when I fill it up.
Sponsored Links

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2005 at 10:25
there's not much info on these cars full stop! Even Schnitzer doesn't list a great deal on their site, a quick scan found no info on UK cars, and very little on German cars, except this hastily put together Schnitzer styled car, looks a bit of a mish mash compared to yours. German Schnitzer
I'll see what I can find for you.

AG
cliffwilliams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 07:34

If you go to this site:http://www.acschnitzer.com/englisch/index.html then click on "more info" to the right of the ACS6 car this then takes you to the ACS6 pages and across the top you now have the menu area for all the models. Click on 7 and you get all the data for the E65.

Here is a taster for the brochure: http://www.acschnitzer.com/englisch/modelle/pdf_files/Prospe kt_ACS7_E65_8-seitig_english.pdf

I have let Oliver know at ACS about the problem with the site. Lets see if ACS fix it soon. The first bit of my ACS kit has just been painted and I will fit this rear spoiler the first bit of decent weather we have.

EDIT

Oliver quite rightly has pointed out that you can access the 7 series page from the index page by clicking on models - 2nd down on left- and then clicking on the 7 that appears across the top. Have asked him if he knows how many ACS7s are in the UK?!?!?! 

Edited by cliffwilliams
Click below for more E38 & E65 pics

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 08:41

Okay Oliver has said it will prove hard to work out how many ACS7s there are in the UK on account of the fact that ACS supply BMW & BMW GB Ltd with the separate parts to be assembled. You have different levels of bits on cars according to how much the customer wants. Like me I will end up with the rear and front spoiler only.

SO there may never be the definitive answer here.

if you would like to see the movie of the ACS7 then click here:

http://www.acschnitzer.com/englisch/modelle/mpeg_files/TV_Sp ot_ACS7_20sec.mov

Edited by cliffwilliams

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 09:18
Another problem also arises when you have to ask yourself "What is classed as an AC Schnitzer car and what isn't?"
Personally I don't consider a 7 with just a bodykit from AC, an Ac Scnitzer car, but one that has the full engine conversion/suspension etc to me, is!
This may then cloud the numbers that have been produced, so perhaps the question to be asked is, "How many engine conversions have been requested and carried out on the e65 7?"
I tried to access the AC page a while back for the 7, but was unsuccesful at the time, so thats Cliff for showing that it is accesible again.

AG

Edited by M3AG
schnitzer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 09:34

Quote: "You have different levels of bits on cars according to how much the customer wants".

Reply: I take your point yet in this case I feel the circumstances are different. Rather than ASC or BMW bolting on various bits and pieces I do believe that the particular 7 series in question was produced at BMW Germany in a standard customized form. From information available, my car is identical to the car owned by Ozzy Osbourne featured on MTV (only one I have ever seen). There are only 3 differences that I know of, 1) is the choice of paint colour (as you would expect) 2) left-hand or right hand drive (again to be expected) and 3) the choice of 22" rim styles. Other than that the cars appear to be identical which strongly suggests that this is a very limited edition specially built by BMW at the factory rather than extras or additions added to a 7 series....Or maybe not, as you say its really hard to find out an definative answers.... BTW it looks very different to the images above, even the back window has been reduced in size by ACS...to view click link http://www.mindstream.co.uk/preview/bmw/

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 09:57

Oliver sent me over the March 2005 price list. In it you have the following options available to your car:

Auspuff (exhaust), Fahrwerk (chassis),Karosserie(body), Lenkung(steering wheel), Innenausstattung(interior equipment) and the alloy wheels in 20 or 22 inch formats. So if funds allowed you could build a complete ACS7 with the help of your BMW dealer or a mechanic. No need for it to be sent to A C Schnitzer.

PS that cutnpasted link I posted didnt seem to work so try this one http://www.acschnitzer.com/englisch/modelle/mpeg_files/TV_Sp ot_ACS7_20sec.mov (edited the original one too)

Edited by cliffwilliams

Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 11:39
Schnitzer it looks like you and that other bastion of good taste and decorum Ozzy Ozbourne were the only people  with the presence of 85 bags and the absence of any aesthetic sensibilities to own a 'schnitzer ' 745i, there is hope for the world. I must admit it will make quite a funky  used choice for £5000  in 5 years time!. Ive heard that there is a readily available product that improves the looks of an e65  significantly, it costs £159 and is made by covercraft.......

Edited by Hiabboy
Profit is more reasonable than justice.
schnitzer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 13:26

Schnitzer it looks like you and that other bastion of good taste and decorum Ozzy Ozbourne .......

Thank you Hiabboy, mine and Ozzy's taste are as you say excellent, if I might add... I was also the first person in my area to wear my underpants outside of my trousers. I thought about converting a standard e65 for £159 by covercraft, but this can be done for much less if you buy the BMW Sideswipe Cliffhanger Set from Aldi at £35.99.

The only changes I have made to my car is that I have removed the heated and air condition drivers seat and replaced it with a bench I had cast out of concrete.

robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 13:31
good one
Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 14:02
Top bloke schnitzer !, i figured driving an e65 you probably had a sharp sense of humour.     On the subject of car covers , i see aldi do indeed do a cover for an e23  (now thats a surprise !) at £61.99 maybe robs23s  neighbours could have a whip around and help local property values.  We can't expect rob to splash out, since he only paid £60 for the car
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 14:06
better than paying £400 for a rusting turd..
Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 14:36
Actually rob i've only ever paid for one e23 , that was the white 745i (i think Ozzy Osbourne had one just like it but his was blue with different wheels)  i bought it because it had the front and rear becker stereos  and full buffalo leather ,i paid £507 for it if i remember ,with an mot and i drove it home 130 miles. Ive swapped the glass roof out of the 735i (sapphire blue) into it and when i've finished i'll have an interesting top spec e23 that might have a value unlike your landfill. I also have a bronzit beige total spec exec £free and a arctic blue 745 £free both these cars are going to be scrapped  , the 735 because whats the point of spending time and money on a car that is only desired by those with no money,i've done that already with the sapphire blue car.The 745  because while being a completely rustfree 50000 mile car , it needs a paintjob .  I will attempt once to sell it as a good running mot'd car  , when i've had enough of the penniless CHD1 losers and dreamers  i will sell it as a donor vehicle to a hero with an e30 ,an angle grinder and £1500. I'll post some pictures of its demise , sad but thats business!.
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 14:57
hiaby boy yes thats buisness, but your 745i with its 24v engine is as landfill as mine.the only interesing bits for anyone today is the 24v lump.to a donor or m5 replacement. becker stereo,why when people can buy a cd player. these are old hat cars, the public want modern not old becker tape players and old rusty wrecks.
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 14:59
a e23 that MIGHT HAVE VALUE.
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 15:14
hiaboy i buy e23s to run myself as a hobby not to resell or brake to sell odds and ends. im aslo like you in the trade and deal with modern salvage to resell to joe public.
Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 15:20
 Actually both my 745is are m30 turbo cars  and being late motronic cars  are a cheap source of a reliable 400bhp (with a chip and wastegate mod= us$350) hence the desireability for conversions. The factory power ratings were 252bhp at about 4000rpm and a wall of torque from 2000 rpm they were dumbed down (unsuccessfully) to stop the 4hp22 gearboxes melting!.
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 15:26
you would have a lot of interest from the us on these bits. 252bhp. ok for those cars of the 1980s you get that in standard form from a jap import.

Edited by robs e23
Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 15:52
 Trust me 252 bhp in a wobbly turd like an e23 is entertaining!. So at last weve found common ground , we both agree e23s are worthless sad turds and we both should know better.  Being  in the trade i'm sure you could imagine some of the losers and sad wasters i've come across while trying to sell my sapphire blue 735. I try not to get involved in selling cheap bangers , my theory being someone is buying a 400 quid turd because they've only got 400 quid, why have they only got 400 quid ? , usually because they're sad losers. Unfortunately i broke my golden rule, and reasoned but its a tidy car, the aircon blows ice cold, it doesn't overheat , it doesn't leak oil, the engine is perfect, it will make an interesting chariot for some deviant . I had a victim with a 635 who was desperate for a piggyback ecu ,i could have gouged him £300 !, but i thought (foolishly!) what a waste of a useable car.  I wont make that mistake again!.
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2005 at 16:01
i could sell £400 cars all day long, it dosent worry me if they have more or not. i never judge people by what they have or dont have.ive sold £400 cars to very wealthy people who just want runarounds for the school run or there daily driver. you deliver the car and they have stables of classics tucked away as there hobby cars. £400 cars are the quickest cars to sell less hassle more profit, seing you only bought the car for £50.. i understand yes about trying to sell the 735i but its the way you have to present the car for sale.its no good sticking a sign on it or putting it on ebay thats where you get the weird and wonderfull trying to bid for this. a good classic car mag with fanstasic photoes to match. br ooklands or duxford museum with classic planes in the forground.. it works..

Edited by robs e23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic