Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 11:41

well son i am a 30 year old man and i can not spell, but i am an engineer with finning caterpiller, i am happy with my self and if people find the need to pull us up, well go ahead. were do u put the full stops and why does dazz never use CAPS LOCK? i cant be bothered thats why people who know me know what am about, big mental dazz i have a lot of time for the guys on here, as there knowledge is amazing and i find they are first class guys. and for the people that have too much time on there hands its a small world.

dazz

Sponsored Links

dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 11:20

I am the same dazz, i like this forum as the likes of us have a good crack, and most people on this forum that i have encounterd are great people and have give me sound advice and i hope i have returned that too, but there are some who just distrespect you for the likes of a spelling some thing wrong, or persecute you for your own personal view, im sorry but i was brought up with if "you havent got anything good to say about anyone then dont say anything" i mean how many people can i pull up on spelling on this forum ?, how many people have i pulled up about spelling, ill tell you none the simple reason is some people cant spell and to pull them up about it is like rubbing there face in the dirt which is disrespect, and i would never dream of doing that to anyone, just like with posting we all have our own views and opinions, but many have been jumped on for there views because its not what they want to hear, i thought we had freedom of speech, although on some post's there have been great debates but it starts to get a bit serious, and it shouldnt be like that at all, as for clicks it seems like it to me, but i may be wrong but thats how it comes across to me.

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 10:36

bang on dirty bang on all i can say is this is why people will not become members as u say dirty (clicks) dont worry about the big man i have friends in the real world a few off us on here have good crack and most off the folk are bang on but i think the last few posts have shown the darker side of the whole thing . every body i now drives bmws and i have spread the club and web site all around glasgow

silly me no more

dazz

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 07:14

I know mate when i had my post edited, it was ok for the the other person to have a go and disrespect me, i wouldnt mind but it was the second time he did it, so i returned fire a bit harsher i know, but still all my post's got edited not just the offending bits and i got threatend with been banned for two weeks, what happend to the other person, absolutly nothing, but he has been a member for a long time, where i havent, so you see the point im trying to make, is that i think there is certain clicks on here, just the same that has been mentioned in the club and thats why some have let there membership lapse, and when i tryed putting my point across, i was also told that i wasnt forced to use this forum, basically if you dont like it then .... off.

I appologised for my actions, the other person said i regret nothing but he wasnt man enough to put it in english oh no , he had to put it in french, and he simply couldnt appologise for his actions.

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 22:37

i think that mr rhys has a bit of a problem with me please tell me what i did wrong i find the top statment needs  a edit too why are mine just being done .???????

tell me about it dirty bit mad ok to slag me but i can not respond ,

hows it go ,bad boys bad boys what u going to do .........

i saved the post so i will foward it to the committeeeeeeee

like i say dont sweat the small stuff

if i have offended any body forgive me  the big man was only having a bit of patter

Edited by bmwcrazy
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 14:45
Dazz you naughty boy come and join me in the corner lol well thats the pair of us been edited know, so you know the song bad boys, bad boys, well i guess that's us
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 13:09

please edit above then or is this ur buddy

dazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

--EDITED--

No Flaming on the Forum! Read the rules and guidelines!

Edited by bmwcrazy
redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 09:24
Excuse me, but I am not living in a dream world.

The origin of the topic was to find out why members (or, to be exact, ex-members) had let their membership lapse.

Nothing is ever perfect, I never said that it was. However, I am sure that the original postee would be unaware of the answers that he would get, hence the asking of the original question. Some people leave for a variety of reasons, some good, some bad. Not everyone has had a great experience with the club, and so I would assume that it would be important to put forward any issues for those in charge to either take on board or reject.

Incidentally, the use of one exclamation mark or question mark is adequate. Additional marks do not emphasise your point.

Now can we get back to normal?Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 08:09

stop living in a dream world !!!then why was this topic started if its so perfect????????????????????????? we are not talking about the forum but about club membership ....

redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 06:53
I don't think that anyone on here wants to spoil anything for anybody.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 16:22
very true dont let these muppets spoil it for u ,,as thats what they want
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 15:39

Originally posted by 325i Ron 325i Ron wrote:

just remember you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Ah one of my favourite sayings

"If you try and please everyone then No one will be happy"

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
325i Ron View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 12:56

I have been in the Car Club now for 4 years came over from the Drivers Club just before Graham Arnold died. No disrespect to him but the resone I joined the Car Club was that I did not get the support from the Drivers Club. I was running monthly meets for the Drivers and have continued to do so here. Not long after I joined I was asked to be chair for the E30 Register and I still am. I have allways got the help etc from H.Q that I need. This of course works both ways, and dont be afraid to ask. I think the forum is very good the touble is would you say some of the things on the forum to someones face to face. I think we should remember the Forum and the Club are the same. It costs money to run the forum and this must come from the members, yes its a good way to intoduce new members. If we all stopped our membership no forum, no Gaydon etc. Well I have have said my bit just remember you cant please all of the people all of the time.
Ron Parish
(E30 Register Chairman)
redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:40
Hi Steve!

No sign as yetbigcry, although I am hopeful for the end of next week (possibly). They have said end of the month, so we'll see (you know about salesmen and promises!).

With the club, I was more than happpy to give up my time and effort, because all of the members I dealt with were really nice people. It is a shame, but there you go.

The wait continues...Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:06

Originally posted by redguy redguy wrote:

All I would say is that the club is a good thing, but I feel that lack of support and the general air of it being run for the ammusement of a certain few compelled me to give up. The forum is a nicer and friendlier place to be.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Hi Red, This is a perfect example of the minority spoiling it for the rest. The club is supposed to be for all BMW owners not the elite few. Well its more the clubs loss than yours, a real shame. But on a brighter note any sign of the new motor yet mate ?  Bet you can't wait.    Steve.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:03
I have been involved in the club for about 4 years (I think).
Since then I guess I have rolled up my sleeves and got stuck in. I help organise events, etc. I was asked to create a forum three and a half years ago and even now its administration takes several hours a week (backing up uploaded files(~400Mb) and the database (~350Mb)).
I don't get any money (nor do I really want any) -  I do it because I enjoy the club. Without others doing similar tasks there would be nothing.
The fact that there are 3 full time employees in the office means that the club needs an income. They make money from adverts, sponsorship and membership fees. This income also pays for items such as printing/postage of the mags and other stuff.
I am a member of a marshals club which also charges a membership fee. The club requires volunteer members to stand around a racing track (in all weather) during motor racing. The club members get much less then BMW club members but there is no complaint.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 05:53

I know what you mean, you give up your time and put in 100% to make the register the best it can be, and you dont even get thank you even when you resign is just disgusting from the hierachy, they can advertise for a replacement but they cant send a simple thanks for your time and efforts, thats why im happy on the forum i have never been a member of the club, so why join something that you have never been part of, and from what you have said in your post im glad im not part of it.

redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 05:28
I was a club member - and created and ran a register (rather not say which one) for a good 18 months, but let my membership expire last year.

What got me was the total disinterest from hierachy within the club. After donating my own time and expense, I could never get any response or help from certain quarters. Even when I gave up my post, I did not even get a reply to my resignation e-mail, let alone any appreciation of my efforts. Even when I sent all the membership forms back, I heard nothing!bigcry

There was a mention in the magazine, though, looking for somebody to take over.

All I would say is that the club is a good thing, but I feel that lack of support and the general air of it being run for the ammusement of a certain few compelled me to give up. The forum is a nicer and friendlier place to be.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 04:05
lol very good !!
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 03:38
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

lol throw in a blue peter badge aswell and i might think about it

Its very easy to make one, all you need is some glue, an empty fairy liquid bottle, an empty yogurt pot, a safety pin and a felt tip marker!!!   LOL    

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic