FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW Car Club Membership

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 16:07
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

jamie wrote :-  What??? Discount on parts and servicing,insurance discounts with selected companies to name a few,and you get a nice shiny sticker to put in your car!! 

I came over from the drivers club and have found everyone i have met in the club very friendly and when i have needed help with anything the people on this forum have been helpful.

discount on parts, i have the internet so can get parts cheap anyway if i shop around.

servicing i do myself so i know its done properly

Insurance £340 fully comprehensive a year for me and the wife.

Discounts with selected stores can get that anyway if youre cheeky enough.

Dont do stickers sorry. lol so i dont really see the point.

Most people from the club are on the forum and i totally agree that nearly everyone i have met on here is very friendly, helpful, and a great bunch, dont get me wrong i love the forum but i just honestly cant see the point of joining the club sorry guys.

To add a Monthly Magazine to the list as well

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 16:11

Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

but there are some i have met that make u feel unwelcome but i"am a big boy ang just give them the finger ,but some people do feel intimidated

If this statement is about your region i would like to hear about it via Pm please

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 16:55

na pete derby, mum and dad stay there and yes there are a few fannys in the scottish area too but most off the guys and girls are brand new like i said

dazz 

Edited by bmwcrazy
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 17:10

It is a great shame that people should be made to feel unwelcome either within the club and its meets or on the forum. I do also remember comments on a post a while back that suggested some people within the club were not comfortable with the association with the forum yet surely the two go hand in hand. I began to participate in forum discussion before I joined the club. It was the forum and the friendliness and welcome I received that first made me consider joining. Then by looking at the events calender I was able to check on when and where the NW meets were held. I then attended a meet and was greeted with such friendliness and enthusiasm that I went home and applied for membership the same night and so far have enjoyed the same welcome at subsequent meets, but without the forum it is unlikely I would have joined the club. 

The welcome and advice I have been given on the forum has come from lots of forum members in areas all around the UK and I hope that I in my own way have contributed to the forum. Sometimes, as Paul said earlier there is a bit of p1$$ taking but thats all part of the crack and should be taken in good spirit. I would say the less than friendly element are in the minority and should not be allowed to spoil the enjoyment of the majority. Being a club member is not only about the benefits but a feeling of belonging to something good with like minded people that have a mutual passion about something. I could pass the likes of Pete330, Dirtybeemer or Nigel etc in the street and not know them from Adam, but they and many others have offered me advice on here freely and with good wishes and that is what makes the club and forum so important to us all. Steve.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 17:43

correct but its the forum that will get u new members .move with the times .there is a lot of good people on this forum good crack and for the fannys u now who u are grow up

lifes too short  

Edited by bmwcrazy
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 18:07
Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

there are a few fannys in the scottish area too dazz 

Wish there were Lol

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 18:09
lol very good PETE very good  
dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 19:55

Pete330 wrote :- To add a Monthly Magazine to the list as well

lol throw in a blue peter badge aswell and i might think about it

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 03:38
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

lol throw in a blue peter badge aswell and i might think about it

Its very easy to make one, all you need is some glue, an empty fairy liquid bottle, an empty yogurt pot, a safety pin and a felt tip marker!!!   LOL    

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 04:05
lol very good !!
redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 05:28
I was a club member - and created and ran a register (rather not say which one) for a good 18 months, but let my membership expire last year.

What got me was the total disinterest from hierachy within the club. After donating my own time and expense, I could never get any response or help from certain quarters. Even when I gave up my post, I did not even get a reply to my resignation e-mail, let alone any appreciation of my efforts. Even when I sent all the membership forms back, I heard nothing!bigcry

There was a mention in the magazine, though, looking for somebody to take over.

All I would say is that the club is a good thing, but I feel that lack of support and the general air of it being run for the ammusement of a certain few compelled me to give up. The forum is a nicer and friendlier place to be.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 05:53

I know what you mean, you give up your time and put in 100% to make the register the best it can be, and you dont even get thank you even when you resign is just disgusting from the hierachy, they can advertise for a replacement but they cant send a simple thanks for your time and efforts, thats why im happy on the forum i have never been a member of the club, so why join something that you have never been part of, and from what you have said in your post im glad im not part of it.

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:03
I have been involved in the club for about 4 years (I think).
Since then I guess I have rolled up my sleeves and got stuck in. I help organise events, etc. I was asked to create a forum three and a half years ago and even now its administration takes several hours a week (backing up uploaded files(~400Mb) and the database (~350Mb)).
I don't get any money (nor do I really want any) -  I do it because I enjoy the club. Without others doing similar tasks there would be nothing.
The fact that there are 3 full time employees in the office means that the club needs an income. They make money from adverts, sponsorship and membership fees. This income also pays for items such as printing/postage of the mags and other stuff.
I am a member of a marshals club which also charges a membership fee. The club requires volunteer members to stand around a racing track (in all weather) during motor racing. The club members get much less then BMW club members but there is no complaint.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:06

Originally posted by redguy redguy wrote:

All I would say is that the club is a good thing, but I feel that lack of support and the general air of it being run for the ammusement of a certain few compelled me to give up. The forum is a nicer and friendlier place to be.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Hi Red, This is a perfect example of the minority spoiling it for the rest. The club is supposed to be for all BMW owners not the elite few. Well its more the clubs loss than yours, a real shame. But on a brighter note any sign of the new motor yet mate ?  Bet you can't wait.    Steve.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 07:40
Hi Steve!

No sign as yetbigcry, although I am hopeful for the end of next week (possibly). They have said end of the month, so we'll see (you know about salesmen and promises!).

With the club, I was more than happpy to give up my time and effort, because all of the members I dealt with were really nice people. It is a shame, but there you go.

The wait continues...Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
325i Ron View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 12:56

I have been in the Car Club now for 4 years came over from the Drivers Club just before Graham Arnold died. No disrespect to him but the resone I joined the Car Club was that I did not get the support from the Drivers Club. I was running monthly meets for the Drivers and have continued to do so here. Not long after I joined I was asked to be chair for the E30 Register and I still am. I have allways got the help etc from H.Q that I need. This of course works both ways, and dont be afraid to ask. I think the forum is very good the touble is would you say some of the things on the forum to someones face to face. I think we should remember the Forum and the Club are the same. It costs money to run the forum and this must come from the members, yes its a good way to intoduce new members. If we all stopped our membership no forum, no Gaydon etc. Well I have have said my bit just remember you cant please all of the people all of the time.
Ron Parish
(E30 Register Chairman)
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 15:39

Originally posted by 325i Ron 325i Ron wrote:

just remember you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Ah one of my favourite sayings

"If you try and please everyone then No one will be happy"

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2006 at 16:22
very true dont let these muppets spoil it for u ,,as thats what they want
redguy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 06:53
I don't think that anyone on here wants to spoil anything for anybody.
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 08:09

stop living in a dream world !!!then why was this topic started if its so perfect????????????????????????? we are not talking about the forum but about club membership ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic