Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW Car Club Membership

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 09:24
Excuse me, but I am not living in a dream world.

The origin of the topic was to find out why members (or, to be exact, ex-members) had let their membership lapse.

Nothing is ever perfect, I never said that it was. However, I am sure that the original postee would be unaware of the answers that he would get, hence the asking of the original question. Some people leave for a variety of reasons, some good, some bad. Not everyone has had a great experience with the club, and so I would assume that it would be important to put forward any issues for those in charge to either take on board or reject.

Incidentally, the use of one exclamation mark or question mark is adequate. Additional marks do not emphasise your point.

Now can we get back to normal?Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Sponsored Links

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 13:09

please edit above then or is this ur buddy

dazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

--EDITED--

No Flaming on the Forum! Read the rules and guidelines!

Edited by bmwcrazy
dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 14:45
Dazz you naughty boy come and join me in the corner lol well thats the pair of us been edited know, so you know the song bad boys, bad boys, well i guess that's us
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 22:37

i think that mr rhys has a bit of a problem with me please tell me what i did wrong i find the top statment needs  a edit too why are mine just being done .???????

tell me about it dirty bit mad ok to slag me but i can not respond ,

hows it go ,bad boys bad boys what u going to do .........

i saved the post so i will foward it to the committeeeeeeee

like i say dont sweat the small stuff

if i have offended any body forgive me  the big man was only having a bit of patter

Edited by bmwcrazy
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 07:14

I know mate when i had my post edited, it was ok for the the other person to have a go and disrespect me, i wouldnt mind but it was the second time he did it, so i returned fire a bit harsher i know, but still all my post's got edited not just the offending bits and i got threatend with been banned for two weeks, what happend to the other person, absolutly nothing, but he has been a member for a long time, where i havent, so you see the point im trying to make, is that i think there is certain clicks on here, just the same that has been mentioned in the club and thats why some have let there membership lapse, and when i tryed putting my point across, i was also told that i wasnt forced to use this forum, basically if you dont like it then .... off.

I appologised for my actions, the other person said i regret nothing but he wasnt man enough to put it in english oh no , he had to put it in french, and he simply couldnt appologise for his actions.

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 10:36

bang on dirty bang on all i can say is this is why people will not become members as u say dirty (clicks) dont worry about the big man i have friends in the real world a few off us on here have good crack and most off the folk are bang on but i think the last few posts have shown the darker side of the whole thing . every body i now drives bmws and i have spread the club and web site all around glasgow

silly me no more

dazz

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 11:20

I am the same dazz, i like this forum as the likes of us have a good crack, and most people on this forum that i have encounterd are great people and have give me sound advice and i hope i have returned that too, but there are some who just distrespect you for the likes of a spelling some thing wrong, or persecute you for your own personal view, im sorry but i was brought up with if "you havent got anything good to say about anyone then dont say anything" i mean how many people can i pull up on spelling on this forum ?, how many people have i pulled up about spelling, ill tell you none the simple reason is some people cant spell and to pull them up about it is like rubbing there face in the dirt which is disrespect, and i would never dream of doing that to anyone, just like with posting we all have our own views and opinions, but many have been jumped on for there views because its not what they want to hear, i thought we had freedom of speech, although on some post's there have been great debates but it starts to get a bit serious, and it shouldnt be like that at all, as for clicks it seems like it to me, but i may be wrong but thats how it comes across to me.

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 11:41

well son i am a 30 year old man and i can not spell, but i am an engineer with finning caterpiller, i am happy with my self and if people find the need to pull us up, well go ahead. were do u put the full stops and why does dazz never use CAPS LOCK? i cant be bothered thats why people who know me know what am about, big mental dazz i have a lot of time for the guys on here, as there knowledge is amazing and i find they are first class guys. and for the people that have too much time on there hands its a small world.

dazz

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 12:40

i know what your saying mate, im 35 years old, and own my own buisness that me and the wife built up from nothing, we didnt use spelling and grammer either, just shear hard work to get where we are today i never ever judge anyone and respect everyone i meet.

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 12:46

caps lock dirty come on  you"ll get pulled up, come on man

lol

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 13:47
Right, if you want it to get back to how it used to be on here - with everything being moderated (language, flaming etc. inc. moderating words that have been auto stared) then fine - I can do that. I can also go back and edit every post that doesn't exactly comply with the rules and guidelines of this forum, there would be lot of red ink and a few suspensions no doubt..

It is much more sensible would you agree, to only step in when things are going a bit too far? A healthy debate is always a good thing but having a direct attack on someone else will get pulled, constant use of bad language will also get pulled..

This is a family forum, as such the content should reflect that. If anyone has a problem with anyone elses post then please use the button, this will direct us straight to the problem without having to (sometimes) go through pages of posts.

On a personal note - I am a self employed plasterer in the building trade, which is also very hard work and has taken me several years to get to where I am now. I take people as I find them, never at face value - and I also speak my mind.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 14:20

no i said only some people get edited i am not the only one to notice this. why are the adult links left on then if this is a family forum? u cant have it both ways we are all grown men and woman, nobody wants to offend anybody.

half the point of a forum is to meet people have a crack, learn things be a part of something, we make the club forum not bmw .

but yes i understand your points, and i know u do this for free and a lot of people give up there time to make it what it is, a good club and forum

but one rule for all, stop the buddy rules as we both know i said nothing offensive for u to edit it, i have read much worse. 

many members have sent me an email saying just leave it, its a loseing battle, well i guess it is.

dazz  

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:03
Originally posted by bmwcrazy bmwcrazy wrote:

no i said only some people get edited i am not the only one to notice this. why are the adult links left on then if this is a family forum? u cant have it both ways we are all grown men and woman, nobody wants to offend anybody.

I agree, but it is only a few that post these links/pics - and if they are too 'adult' they will be removed (as many have), or if anyone finds them offensive.

Quote half the point of a forum is to meet people have a crack, learn things be a part of something, we make the club forum not bmw .

Very true, I've met several people from the forum - and they are better for knowing than just words on a screen. This forum is the only one that's approved by BMW - which is why it is a bit more 'moderated' than others - usualy with respect to language.

Quote but yes i understand your points, and i know u do this for free and a lot of people give up there time to make it what it is, a good club and forum

Thanks, it can be difficult at times - trying to see everything from everyones point of view and striking a happy medium.

Quote but one rule for all, stop the buddy rules as we both know i said nothing offensive for u to edit it, i have read much worse.

You might have read much worse, we might have missed it - if you think it needs moderating then please report it.

Quote many members have sent me an email saying just leave it, its a loseing battle, well i guess it is.

dazz

I don't think so, I'm pleased you put your views accross on the forum so they can be discussed. Never a loosing battle if both sides can gain from it.
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:15
Originally posted by dirtybeemer dirtybeemer wrote:

I know mate when i had my post edited, it was ok for the the other person to have a go and disrespect me, i wouldnt mind but it was the second time he did it, so i returned fire a bit harsher i know, but still all my post's got edited not just the offending bits and i got threatend with been banned for two weeks, what happend to the other person, absolutly nothing, but he has been a member for a long time, where i havent, so you see the point im trying to make, is that i think there is certain clicks on here, just the same that has been mentioned in the club and thats why some have let there membership lapse, and when i tryed putting my point across, i was also told that i wasnt forced to use this forum, basically if you dont like it then .... off.

I appologised for my actions, the other person said i regret nothing but he wasnt man enough to put it in english oh no , he had to put it in french, and he simply couldnt appologise for his actions.

Your post was edited because of what it said in it. What you said was a lot worse than what the other member said.
Anyhow, I thought you have gotten over this.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:28
Is this now a closed discussion or open for one more input-only my view based on being club member for circa 7 yrs now.

Club membership-with discounts and benefits with dealers and tuners and insurance companies (plus the RAC) it pays for itself easily each year.

Magazine- 2 mags and worth the membership fee again-some are great editions, some not so great but they are well produced and presented.

Activities- Having organised the MK meets for 3 years which ranged from 2 people to 32 people and back down to 2 I reckon the meets are a good thing as is Gaydon and other events however limited-number events should be run completely transparently to get round any possible rumours of nepotism.

Attitudes- I've met some great people on here and some (albeit fewer) berks whose heads had arguments with their rear ends at some points and their heads didnt win.There are some people into the cars and there are others who are interested in THEIR cars and weilding some kind of power and authority. Thats just life.

Forums-cannot see standards slipping and its a good 'in' to get new blood onboard. There have been some moderation issues I didnt agree with but thats life. This place is a bit like a country pub-the staff have to create an environment a wide range of different people have to enjoy and whilst some landlords will bar everyone they don't like others will give a quick hndslap. Simple. If you don't agree with it then theres always the PM system to resolve issues.
I am member of 5 other BM forums and only use the others when this is slow-I find the others more cliquey, more abusive, more biased than this 1.

PS Unless you've guessed I am really bored waiting to here if the car's been written off!!!!!

PPS Rhys-best of luck to you-I was forced out of my self employed plasterer position due to cheap migrant workers so upmost respect to you.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:32
Sorry, forgot to say that I would like to see more naked women on the forum along with Lexus lights on 316s with full animal M3 bodykits, M5s with triple turbos and nitros, rear spoilers carefully crafted from the remnants of a boeing 747, boots packing the kind of install that'd scare Slipknot......and chromed deaths head gearknobs.

All on the one car would be great too.................in Burberry............................and gold-plated roundels.

Oh yes and cigarette advertising too.

Edited by Stone-IslandM3

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:39
Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Sorry, forgot to say that I would like to see more naked women on the forum along with Lexus lights on 316s with full animal M3 bodykits, M5s with triple turbos and nitros, rear spoilers carefully crafted from the remnants of a boeing 747, boots packing the kind of install that'd scare Slipknot......and chromed deaths head gearknobs.

All on the one carw ould be great too.................in Burberry............................and gold-plated roundels.

UGH!!! Gold plated roundel... actualy the gold and the blue would go nice together but you forgot the chrome spinners and the neon lights everywhere..
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:39

Spot on dazz spot on, ive just copied and pastied what you and rhys had wrote and put my answers but ive deleted it, as there is no point whats happend has happend, and im leaving it at that as i cant be a***d with it anymore, time to move on.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 17:45
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

UGH!!! Gold plated roundel... actualy the gold and the blue would go nice together but you forgot the chrome spinners and the neon lights everywhere..

Now I may have a really nice set of 4 carbon fibre wheel emblems going soon..........................

Seriously though, whay does anyone leave something...apathy, moneys tight, loads of reasons. Often nothing is wrong with the product ppeople just forget the benefits and let it slide.

As well as sending out lovely reminders for membership renewal why not include a short questionnaire, aimed at asking whats right AND wrong with the club, what areas could be made better and what areas made EVEN better and what benefits members would like to see added to the club.

This sort of thing has an intrinsic feel-good factor, makes members feel involved and serves to remind them the benefits membership has given them.

Knwoing John Safe as I do I would repeat what I've said to John on many occasions in that IMO the clubs ruling/governing bodies in certain areas can appear as very aloof and self-important and this turns people off.

Getting anyone to renew membership or take membership out is a sales exercise and a reactive reminder slip doesnt make your target audience feel warm and loved-up inside. In my experience the process of getting new members and getting renewals is a very reactive tell-sell process. Small changes to this process could IMO reap dividends by using a proactive and listen-sell approach.

Where should I send my invoice for sales seminar 1-0-1?

Edited by Stone-IslandM3

bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 18:10

well guys sorry if i offended anyone or they took my comments the wrong way just a outspoken person

so a wee joke to cheer us all up.................

Friend of mine went to the doctors on friday,

said to the doctor "I think there's something wrong with my you know what"  doctor tells him to unzip his pants so he can have a look. 

doctor says jesus your bits are covered in liquorice and coconut, What the hell have you been up to man!!?

My friend replies........ "allsorts"

I thank you, I thank you..... don't all laugh at once.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic