Forum LockedBMW Car Club Membership

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 04:19
@ bodger122 & Fushion Julz

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, the Scottish region was a bit quiet too. A number of folk stepped up and got involved and now it's thriving.

Is this something you'd consider - i.e. getting things going in your area? Scotland started out by reinstating a regular pub meet and built up from there.

I originally felt that 'the club' should be doing more... but 'the club' is just folk like us really. I reckon I actually get more out of membership by getting stuck in now wherever I can.
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 05:08
That also applies to the irish Region!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
bodger122 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Ask me about painless hair removal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 06:39
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

@ bodger122 & Fushion Julz

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, the Scottish region was a bit quiet too. A number of folk stepped up and got involved and now it's thriving.

Is this something you'd consider - i.e. getting things going in your area? Scotland started out by reinstating a regular pub meet and built up from there.

I originally felt that 'the club' should be doing more... but 'the club' is just folk like us really. I reckon I actually get more out of membership by getting stuck in now wherever I can.

Good point, i also think the local dealers should get involved more. BMW customers are notoriously brand loyal. surely any dealer would love to attract a whole host of repeat customers to his site.

E46 323i SE Saloon in Titanium Silver. Digital Aircon+ 6CD Stacker + M sport Accesories
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 06:50
Originally posted by bodger122 bodger122 wrote:

Good point, i also think the local dealers should get involved more. BMW customers are notoriously brand loyal. surely any dealer would love to attract a whole host of repeat customers to his site.

Defo. It's hard getting to talk to the right people tho. If you look thro the club mag there are some dealers who are hugely supportive and others who barely know the club exist. We've started a good relationship with one dealer up here, but the original franchise holder is selling up so we don't know what's happening there going forward. Also trying to sort a dealer visit to another to see if we can't start building a relationship...

Main Club Office type interface with the Dealers seems limited too as they're not 'BMW' as such. AFAIK Jeff only gets to go to one dealer principal meeting a year... but mibbes that's changed / changing - I'm only just getting back into the club scene at the mo.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 07:00
IMO many dealers can't (here) see past the next sale and the fact that many of the clubs members are driving cars older than 5 years means that they won't be buying a new E90 or E60 or whatever.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 07:12
But we still have to buy parts, and I'd rather buy genuine BMW parts from a BMW dealer than from GSF or ECP. However the availability of parts online, plus the cheaper price often means I buy online, also to avoid getting sneered at when I go to a dealer asking for e28 parts (it has happened). Any dealer who aligns themselves with the club can only increase their business.
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 08:10
Originally posted by Doive Doive wrote:

Any dealer who aligns themselves with the club can only increase their business.

That's a major part of what we're going to try and get across...
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 08:45

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

IMO many dealers can't (here) see past the next sale and the fact that many of the clubs members are driving cars older than 5 years means that they won't be buying a new E90 or E60 or whatever.

I agree totally, the general attitude of dealers is if your car is not under the original warranty they have very little interest but they should remember that without those of us to buy the older BMW's there would be no new sales.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic