FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBad main stealer - WATCH OUT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 15:25

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

I am just protecting the forum from a potential slander accusation - thats all!

Ahum, at the risk of repeating myself -

"The views expressed here are those of individuals and are not necessarily the views of the BMW Car Club, BMW (GB) Ltd. or BMW (AG)."

So wouldn't it be the individual who is leaving themselves open to be accused of slander?

Not the Forum?

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 16:09
Possibly - but Im not a solicitor and not willing to be up in court against one!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 16:19

Possibly - but Im not a solicitor and not willing to be up in court against one!

It's not the solicitors you have to worry about...

...it's the Lawyers!  (They wear wigs you know - but not at the weekends)

(edited because I had the wig context wrong!)

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 17:52

Kbannon, you make a valid point, it is only one persons view and you have no proof that I'm being totally honest, however, the chap who has had all of this trouble has been in my company (as I work with him) 90% of the time when making phonecalls to them and I have heard that he has been polite and courteous, only getting angry once or twice but still being diplomatic about it and still, the attitude he has been given and the lies he's been told. Is it possible that several members of this dealer have targeted this one man to take the p*** out of and on several occaisions?. My reading into it is if one person can have this kind of experience with this dealer, I find it hard to believe they are 100% comitted to customer service with everyone else? Also, I'm not in the habit of making this kind of thing up, (not that I'm saying you suggest this!) especially as it's not even my car, so why do I give a damn? - because I feel my friend has been a victim of a rising trend within the motor trade of bad customer service! look at the answers on here and all of the other forum sections that say similar things.

I am all for a section where maybe members can pm a designated member (who wants this responsibility!??) who can pass comments on to BMW UK? or maybe a member of BMW UK customer service team can moniter a designated pm address for these comments. Just a thought, maybe it's about time we embraced the problems we have with dealers, get BMW GB involved and sort it out once and for all. We will all benefit. We get the service we want, BMW kep customers as do dealers. Come on BMW, it's not rocket science!!

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 18:02

Originally posted by bodger122 bodger122 wrote:

Just a thought, but what if the boot was on the other foot...say i had experienced some fantastic service from my BMW dealer and wanted to shout it from the hills cos im so chuffed. or i knew a dealer with a fantistic deal on a new model at the moment.

Would i not be allowed to mention the said dealers name on this BMW message board? surely my virtual friends would like a slice of the action to?

Feedback, be it positive or negative is not a bad thing - as long as its constructive and factual the BMW dealer network has nothing to worry about.

HERE    HERE!  It makes my blood boil too. I don't have a problem with telling the world I've had fantastic service, but maybe, with the state of some dealers at the moments, one feels this thread would be somewhat empty? Am I alone in thinking this? And yes, I very much doubt the names would be scrubbed out! Infact, I may try it out to see if thats a fact, but i'd hate to do it with fake facts, so when I next service my car, maybe I should find a dealer that doesn't disappoint me and tell you all about it!!

Anyway, regarding my pal, still no reply from the dealer principal, but I have learned from this experience, not to hold my breath! I'll let you know the result when and if there is one!

Regards

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 18:04
Have you approached the club office yet Mike ?
Best Wishes

Nigel

dirtybeemer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 18:24
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

I am just protecting the forum from a potential slander accusation - thats all!

Ahum, at the risk of repeating myself -

"The views expressed here are those of individuals and are not necessarily the views of the BMW Car Club, BMW (GB) Ltd. or BMW (AG)."

So wouldn't it be the individual who is leaving themselves open to be accused of slander?

Not the Forum?

Ive just been on another forum and they have a post topic of good or bad dealer, and have a simular thing to above what thepits has posted and you should see the amount of dealers that are named on there both good and bad.

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 18:41

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

As I'm not currently a member and with my er.........objective views do you think they'd listen? I'm in favour of getting what members want, not what the club wants us to want. But that said, do I have a good case!?

E28 525e auto-Standard
Jack735 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 19:54

Killian, Nigel

I feel for you guys and appreciate the hard work you put into the forum.

I think though that even if the battle is lost here the war will continue against dealers who fail to produce, not just from forums like this but from BMW UK AND if they fail to buck the trend then Helmut will have something to say!

BMW announced record profits last year (23,300,000 Euros if I recall) and expect to do the same again year on year for the next 10.  It will not happen if ..................................

Relatively we are small fry but the more current owners become dissatisfied the more difficulty Helmut will have in attaining his goal.

Have a nice weekend, I'm off for a weeks holiday  but being really sad I'll have internet access!

Bring on the beers, have a good weekend everyone.

Jack

Edited by Jack735
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 02:32
Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

As I'm not currently a member and with my er.........objective views do you think they'd listen? I'm in favour of getting what members want, not what the club wants us to want. But that said, do I have a good case!?

I think a phone call wouldn't go amiss.

This has cropped up before, and the club has just returned to its adopt a dealer scheme. This scheme has only just been resurrected, so not that many dealers are covered yet.

The club "should" do what its members want, like I say weve seen this before on here, but to be honest I wouldn't image its that widespread, the last time it happened was with a dealer in Brighton, and after speaking to people on here, and going back to the dealer the whole situation was resolved.

I would definately suggest you pass a link to the thread, in an e-mail, to the dealer, pm me the dealers details, if you don't mind, I may even do it for you.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 03:20
I think that is a excellent idea nigel, if the dealer recieved this thread and saw on how many have commented on it and how many are viewing it, then it might give them the insentive to book up there ideas, and do what we all think is the right thing, with this gentlemens car, and it help them to commit to customers in the future, then who knows they might be back on the forum with nothing but praise from faith restored customers.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 04:02
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Not the Forum?

No, the forum would be held accountable because they can control what is posted.

Anyway it's libel not slander. Slander is spoken, libel is written.

My wife learnt all about this as part of her journalism course.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Jack735 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 11:13

Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Its neither libel nor slander if whats been written or said is true!

m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 11:17
Jacks right...non-litigating if whats said is true or enough facts presented which makes it beyond reasonable doubt.

I just know beacause I'm from Troubleland, Paisley

Edited by m3tiko

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1996 P E39 523i se

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 11:51
Absolutely if what has been written is true, which i personally do not doubt and there is proof of this then no one can be prosecuted for slander or liable, as i put something over the whole www. about a certain someone which was true and there was nothing they could do about it, apart from sit and read it.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 14:47
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

True. But that has to be proven. Unless the forum admin can be sure it is true then they cannot take the risk of allowing it to be posted.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 17:06

True. But that has to be proven. Unless the forum admin can be sure it is true then they cannot take the risk of allowing it to be posted.

Well said.

Enough lads - the modorators are only acting according to the forum rules, and how they have been instructed by the office and the NC.

If we have a 'gripe' against a dealer, bring it up with the office.

They've got the BMW contacts - we can only hope they use them.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 17:14
The moderators (mainly myself) brought in the rules. They were chosen using a common sense approach and also 'borrowed' from elsewhere on the net.
These have been adopted and altered over the years but there has been little input from the office.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 18:53

Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

Good point Peter! Let me ask this question though, lets just say this was all proven beyond doubt, can the name of the dealer be un-blocked? Just a question I was pondering over.

How it can be proved? I suppose it wouldn't really happen unless it went to court. All of the records the dealer makes of when the car was booked in and what for, should be available as is the copy of the warranty paperwork that my friend took the clever move of requesting so he has got it on paper what should have been done.

Of course conversations weren't recorded so it the dealer versus the client although I do know that his dad witnessed some conversations and I overheard phonecalls so there is plenty of evidence. If the dealer still tries to squirm their way out of this one, there is something seriously wrong within the BMW empire and heads need to roll.

Just to update you aswell, the dealer principal said the other day, after receiving the letter, he would contact my friend regarding this matter. This still has not happened. He hasn't even bothered to ring this guy and say 'I am investigating the situation and will be in touch' nothing, nil, zero. After three days it's getting silly. BMW GB would have recieved the same letter the same day, but no response from them though when I spoke to my frind last, he hadn't had his mail for that day so tomorrow may be a different story. I think both the dealer and BMW UK would do well to at least let my guy know they are taking an interest in sorting this mess out. Patience is wearing thin and it may be time to contact the solicitor.

Any further developments, you guys will be among the first to know.

Regards

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2006 at 19:03

**** UPDATE ****

My friend has had a letter from BMW GB. It basically has the usual "I am sorry this one car has let you down, we take pride in our brand....blah...blah........"

They offerd him £250 to spend at any mini dealer of his choice in return for the whole matter to be dropped WOOHOO!! crack out the champagne boys, we got a result, NOT!

What an insult! They did go on to say that the return of the car was down to the dealer and not them, fair enough, but to offer gift vouchers to spend with a brand you currently loath is pathetic! I think the chap is in the process of weighing up his options before taking further action, but I garantee, that is not going to be the end! He still has not heard a thing from the dealer principal as was promised on Tuesday when their copy of the letter was recieved. You'd think that the dealer principal would at least give a prompt response, even if just to say he's looking into it!

As before, I'll keep you posted.

Mike

P.S. Anyone got the number for watchdog? I feel a bit of publicity coming on!

E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic