Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBrands Hatch BMs only Trackday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 09:58
Originally posted by UweM3 UweM3 wrote:

BTW was it our Rockstar who caused to end the day early??
Yes it was, no damage to car or person....I think he just wanted some gravel to take home to remind him of the event.
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
Sponsored Links

kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 10:05

Originally posted by m3bob m3bob wrote:

Kevin at last someone has noticed that there are great corners here in the uk, other than going to the ns. Paddock is a fantastic corner,, and im sure youll all agree that even the indy is quite a techical little circuit, the Gp is fantastic though
Bob,Agreed that you don't have to go to the NS for great corners, Paddock, craner Curves, Various bits of Cadwell, Bridge, just need to join them all up with other greats from tracks I have yet to drive and then make it a toll road.

I really have the bug for the GP Circuit after finally getting to drive the Indy. Yes it is technical but for me i would like some more track before arriving back at Paddock again. See you there next year I'm sure.

Cheers

Kevin
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
Brooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 10:06

Hi Everyone it Lydia and Louise from Performance BMW magazine, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that supported our track day at Brands, we were very overwhelmed by the quality of cars and drivers and are really looking forward to doing one again next year.

We had a great day and look out for the feature in February issue, and see if you can see your car!!

thanks once again

lancelotII View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancelotII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 10:39
Anyone know the name of the company who were taking photo's ??
Brooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 10:47

They company taking photos to buy are call Rawaction Photography

email admin@rawaction.co.uk

send them your number plate and he will see if they have any pics of your car!!

Mallorcaman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallorcaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 13:15
So, as this was a track day and obviously nobody had a stopwatch, what were the lap times?
MALLORCAMAN
Putting the ///M in Mallorca
andyclient View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyclient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 14:02

Sounds like you all had a great day even with the engine probs

Shame i couldn't of made it , would of been nice to put faces to names , maybe next time

Andy

01 E46 320d Touring
88 E30 M3 Sadly Gone
93 E36 325 TD Gone but still going
87 E30 Hartge 325 (gone but not forgotten)
215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 215DMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 14:12

Edited by 215DMX
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 15:37
Originally posted by Mallorcaman Mallorcaman wrote:

So, as this was a track day and obviously nobody had a stopwatch, what were the lap times?

you are NOT allowed to do any timing. Insurance reasons.
If you get caught timing --> banned for the rest of the day.
When I went to my first UK track day I thought that's a bit boring without laptimes, but I have to say I quite enjoy as it is now. There is no pressure, nobody feels inadequate, nobody can show off. Just a great day out driving your car. And no metal gets bent as a side affect.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
barefoot View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 18:21

Was gutted after mouthing off about coming down to kick some soft southern bums I never got there!  Only got back from Barbados night before and was way to tired.

My "spy" tells me I missed a great day and a lot of the guys off the forum were there would have been nice to put faces to names.  He also said Uwe was on it most of the day!  

Uwe I believe you are thinking of going to the ring at Easter next year?  Try and get the week after my lot go if you can, it's a nightmare all day on the track all night drinking eating and whoring so not your scene

90 E30 M3 track car
69 Lotus Elan Plus 2
73 TR6
60 3.8 Mark 11 Jag
89 205 GTi Track Car
88 Ferrari 328 GTS
02 Westfield Busa Turbo
03 VW Touareg V10 Diesel
01 Ducati Monster S4
99 Ducati Monster
05 KTM 450 EXC
03 Derbi 125
rattusM3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattusM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 19:51

Yep, good day, everybody enjoyed themselves.

Rockstar is fine - but the gravel jokes are getting to him so not sure of his mental state now.

Mark is fine - again gravel jokes aplenty, will buy him some touch up paint, should do the job.

Nice to see everybody again, was plesantly suprised to see Toby here, good to see Dave as well, all remembered from my first ever Ring trip.

Always good to see Kevin and Gill, car sounds the dogs' nuts.

Feel a bit guilty for not getting together with Uwe but I think everybody was just too busy getting lots of track time in (eh Richard)

Just love Paddock!!!!!!

Edited by rattusM3
E28 Alpina B9
E28 M535i (now a donor for B9)
E24 M6 (work has started to get back up to scratch)
E30 M3 (New Engine (almost), Cams, Brakes, ECU, Suspension, Alpha-N - Thanks Stannard Motors)
E39 530i Touring - Now Sold, sob, sob
E39 523i Touring
215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 215DMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 19:57
Maybe we should get generate a new term...

"Stannard team - gravel rash"... or maybe not...

Glad everyone went home in one piece.

Dave

Edited by 215DMX
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 20:09
I got a 56 meg video of the day. I put it on Google Video, but the quality is hopeless. Tried Photobucket and it chopped the last 6 megs off, but was better quality.Anyone know a quality site ?
Who would have thought a November day would have been so good ? Lots of nice cars and friendly faces there. Now , must get my car done for next year....
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 20:24
Originally posted by rattusM3 rattusM3 wrote:

Yep, good day, everybody enjoyed themselves.Rockstar is fine - but the gravel jokes are getting to him so not sure of his mental state now.Mark is fine - again gravel jokes aplenty, will buy him some touch up paint, should do the job.Nice to see everybody again, was plesantly suprised to see Toby here, good to see Dave as well, all remembered from my first ever Ring trip.Always good to see Kevin and Gill, car sounds the dogs' nuts.Feel a bit guilty for not getting together with Uwe but I think everybody was just too busy getting lots of track time in (eh Richard)Just love Paddock!!!!!!

no worries Kevin, I have done 300kms + on track!
Because the day was a bit short (day light and Rockstar issues) we didn't get much time to chat. Nevermind, maybe we should just meet up just for the sake of meeting up
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 21:43
Ok, don't be too critical, this is the first time I've tried to edit and make a video and upload it. Sadly the uploading has hurt the quality, but I guess it's still watchable.

Brands Video
kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 22:01
Brian,

Nice one, do you have a version without the music? Uwe's car with the CF airbox has a very distinctive (nice) sound, must be the 2.5 with the higher revs.
Kevin
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 22:11
I'll edit another together tomorrow, without the music and with some more footage. Got to collect a new set of wheels tomorrow morning, check back late afternoon

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2006 at 22:34

Originally posted by kevin kevin wrote:

Uwe's car .. has a very distinctive sound,

is that his 3 or 5 series?

Edited by thepits
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Phil & Elaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil & Elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2006 at 08:19

Excellent day.  Thanks to Roy (my bro), Richard and Kevin for taking me out on my first track day.  Didn't manage to go out with Mark of Keith but hope to get the chance next year. 

Elaine

siwilson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siwilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2006 at 08:54

Thanks to all that contributed to a fun and safe day. The standard of driving was generally pretty high.

My first track day ever and my first time around Bands in 20 years. Top stuff indeed!

Simon

2001 S54 M Roadster - Laguna Seca Blue

2001 E39 530i - Glacier Green

2006 E60 530d - Silver Grey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic