Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRing regulars - insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texas2201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 17:19
I spoke to Grant today and he thought it was Mark with the blue E39 that came 1st in August in our group.....
Martin - www.iconicmotorcars.co.uk
E30 M3 now sold :-(/Lotus Elan SE Turbo/Lotus Excel SE/Lotus Excel SA/Audi A8 - now Tow Barge - Quattro 4.2
Sponsored Links

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 17:27
Originally posted by b7 eater b7 eater wrote:

Spokey and Martin      Can report that it was definately not Mr Safe!

Hope it wasnt anyone else we know.

why is it so important who it was? And what difference does it make if we know him or not?
Personally I don't want anybody to come home with a 20k loss...

If the guy want to remain silent, so be it. Respect it.

Edited by UweM3
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 17:39
Bottom line is,unless it excludes the Ring by name, you're covered.They will also have to pay the armco bill too.I know that for a fact.
b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 19:44

Uwe, as someone asked if it was my husband, I kind of thought it was nice to let them know that it wasnt.  

However, I know the Mark in question and as far as I am aware nobody is trying to make him speak, Just wishing that it had not happened to him,  I do not wish any harm to anybody or their property, whether I know them or not.

I was unaware that it was not allowed to hope that those you know are safe and well.

Jacque Safe

Edited by b7 eater
E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 20:09
Originally posted by b7 eater b7 eater wrote:

I was unaware that it was not allowed to hope that those you know are safe and well.

Jacque Safe

I want everybody to be safe and well. Doesn't matter if I know them or not.
It just sounds strange to me if I read/hear comments excluding people we don't know, like it wouldn't matter if they are not safe and well. I am sure that was not your intention at all.
In the end we are all crazy petrolheads no matter if we know each other or not.
For my part, I would have never ever mentioned anything about that crash if not everybody was unhurt in the first place.
Going fast around the Ring is always risky, doesn't matter how many laps you have done. Even the locals do get in trouble from time to time.
I have seen too many cars of my friends lying on the roof in the past, so I might be a little bit oversensitive on that subject.

Hope you didn't take offence, if so my apolgise.
b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 20:16

Uwe

I took no offence.

Believe me when I say that I am no newcomer to what can happen on the ring. 

E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 215m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 19:31
Are the coaches covered when they take 50 tourists round? Just thought i'd throw this in to the couldron
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 20:07
Originally posted by 215m3 215m3 wrote:

Are the coaches covered when they take 50 tourists round? Just thought i'd throw this in to the couldron

Interesting point! But was there ever an accident with a coach? Doubt it.
texas2201 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texas2201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 21:21

Hi Uwe

Just wanted to know all was OK and if I knew him from August/Croft/Cadwell/Silverstone......I hope he gets it sorted out satisfactory

You always have to be "aware" in a hypersensitive way when you drive the Ring and exponentially on Open days

Martin

Martin - www.iconicmotorcars.co.uk
E30 M3 now sold :-(/Lotus Elan SE Turbo/Lotus Excel SE/Lotus Excel SA/Audi A8 - now Tow Barge - Quattro 4.2
TRACKPIG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRACKPIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2006 at 17:05

Originally posted by BMG M3 BMG M3 wrote:

Bottom line is,unless it excludes the Ring by name, you're covered.They will also have to pay the armco bill too.I know that for a fact.

in the terms and conditions of the elephant insurance policy it states you are not covered on deristricted toll roads. is the ring a deristricted toll road?

if so i prob wasnt insured when i was at the ring last?

REMEMBER- POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT KELLY REMOULDS
E30 325 Sport - Gone but not forgotten
E36 M3 evo
Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Piece
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2006 at 17:17
Originally posted by TRACKPIG TRACKPIG wrote:

Originally posted by BMG M3 BMG M3 wrote:

in the terms and conditions of the elephant insurance policy it states you are not covered on deristricted toll roads. is the ring a deristricted toll road?

if so i prob wasnt insured when i was at the ring last?

In the Ring car park by the ticket office,there is a large sign in German and English with the rules of using the Ring,I'm 99% sure that the Ring is classed by Nurburgring GMBH as " deristricted toll road ". Maybe someone who is going soon can confirm this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic