Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChips away....dont bother (not tec)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
chazzer View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 19:52
Well guys spoke to head office today told them how i couldnt believe what a mess he had made of it and so much for just painting the damaged area etc overspray just being the icing on the cake ...  her words were "i cant understand why as he has had the training" anyway mateybob form chips away has agreed to come out and re-do the the work (well lets face it he cant make it worse....can he  ???) even though i am not to keen on letting him lose on it again... but if i am still not happy then it can be re-done again at a bodyshop at his expense which is furry muff, i do have some pictures but non that throughly illustrate the devastation left by him

the saga continues ...

regards

chaz
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
& 1993 BMW E34 520I SE in dimond black
Sponsored Links

Exharper View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Dont let the misses drive it!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exharper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 18:49

hi, chazzer, just a read this post i was going to ring my local chips away guy to do some touch ups, but now i am abit hesitent. There loss as most of there work works on word of mouth.#

Dont forget chazzer these chips away guys are only franchise companies, and technically still have a boss to answer to as its a big money making name at stake.

Did you feel that you could not pay the guy after you realised it was a bodge job. and also did he not agree that it was a bad job, if he didnt then he should not be working for the franchise and im sure that the "head office" would be interested to know.

Have you taken any pictures of it for evidence? sorry for the rant as well but people like that get rite up by nose

cheers

Beemer dan 523i SE 1997 (184K) Canyon Rot Red, auto. 330 CI Msport Convertible, blue 51K.
simons5 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simons5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 00:01
Contact their head office and let them know how bad the job was done, also inform them that you are a member of several internet forums. You could also say that you are a member of Which magazine (works for me).

Simon
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 21:15

I would have thought the chpisaway guy should have tested the paint in an inconspicuous area of the car for a colour match, then proceeded to do the paintwork if it matched.

Agree with Rhys, give Trading Standards a call..check out their website for your local area number:

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 21:03
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Maybe give trading standards a ring and tell them as well?
thats a good idea gotta be worth a phone call.... i really hate to be  the complaining customer but everytime i look at the state of my pride and joy it gives me depression i mean even ford have never done paint as bad as this .....

regards

chaz
Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 20:06
Maybe give trading standards a ring and tell them as well?
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
chazzer View Drop Down
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2006 at 20:04
Good evening, i have posted this in the 5 series forum but i wanted everyone to be aware esp if you love your BMW as much as i love mine....

just thought i would post about my recent "chipsaway" experiance in hope that you can learn from my mistakes...i appreciate that my local guy may be a lot worse than yours but if you live in south bristol beware..... my local guy turned up and bearing in mind they "only paint the damaged area to uphold the original finish" i now have a poorly sprayed (bodged) up nsf wing, nsf door and half of the rear nsf door, the finish is as dull as anything and was damaged by the chipsaway guy when he polished up the new paint with an orbitial polisher... which i pointed out to him but he told me he "couldnt see it from where he was standing" the paint colour is very nice but its about as close to artic silver as dolphin grey it looks awful and has a very dull finish there is overspray everywhere including bonnet,front bumper, roof, windscreen, door handles, side indicator, trim pieces (the ones that just unclip) and on the top edge of the rear door i even have spots of primer... the paint finish is very patchy i pointed this out to the guy who said after five days give a polish and it will be fine - i wish i spent an hour polishing on saturday and it made no differance except the rest of the car is extremely shiney and makes the c**p job stand out even more, its awful to the point of my mrs who knows absolutly nothing about paint finishes saying that i had paid to have my pride and joy vanalised..
and the real insult is that the stone chips on the bonnet he couldnt do because he could remove the prevouis owners touch up paint (that was a better match than his) which was why i called him out in the first place ....
this cost 250,00, i have a qoute of 550 from my local bodyshop who in fairness are very very good to set it all right, all i wanted was the damage sorted and to keep it as original as possible  clearley i should have saved  my 250 and gone striaght to the body shop

i wouldnt dream of letting this happen to another fellow bmw enthusiast (spelling) and you feeling the way i do at the moment ...

sorry guys rant over

beware

regards a very angry

chaz

Edited by chazzer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic