Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProvisional licence holders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 22:39

Does this mean that us 'old-folk' can drive stuff that these young 'whipper-snappers' can't?

Quite right too!

(now where's me milk-float?)

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

adzy216 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzy216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 23:03
Most of them seem to be able to afford stuff that we can't. God bless the old mortgage, keeps us old-timers in classic cars.
Always willing to learn
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 23:22

Its strange how the licence classes have changed, and how people don't realise.

People with test pass before October 97 have 7.5 ton wagon, and 16 seat minbus on their licence, those afterwards don't, and anyone who has had to renew their licence doesn't (like me for diabetes)

So I can't drive a landrover safai for example.

Those of you still left with grandfather rights can still find yourselves on the wrong side of the law, as the british gov did a deal with europe, but hasn't told the public.

So, for example, pittsy and rhys can drive landrover safari's, transit minibuses, 7.5 ton trucks etc....................but............only in the uk, and only for private purposes, so you couldn't have the landrover as a company car for example, and you couldn't drive a 7.5 ton truck for work, and you couldn't hire a minibus and do a baccy run with your family to france........etc etc etc.

Its ok altering things, but not telling people is terrible, and they put the onus on you to find out with the "ignorance is no excuse" crap 

Best Wishes

Nigel

adzy216 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzy216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 23:33
Very true. I passed my car test in '90 and can only drive a car. A buddy of mine took only an HGV Artic test in '85 (never done a car test) and he's licenced to drive the lot. He bought his first EVER car this year, yet he can taxi or drive a bus. Great system.
Always willing to learn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic