Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGaydon 16 August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 12:51

Whats the usual rules for those that have a stand pass,and are taking their car round the aston track(like myself),seeing i have never been before? any advance info aprctd,so i know what to expect/do before getting there,cheers

BLACK Z4 3.0i SE
Sponsored Links

craig3.0 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 12:53
ps,for any1 going on the saturday,and meeting at bthwl srvcs/are u still planning ur 1st stop at tebay srvcs,at around 11.30amor when?,so i can join the convoy,cheers

BLACK Z4 3.0i SE
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 12:58
Originally posted by craig3.0 craig3.0 wrote:

Whats the usual rules for those that have a stand pass,and are taking their car round the aston track(like myself),seeing i have never been before? any advance info aprctd,so i know what to expect/do before getting there,cheers

You park up and display as normal with the region. You are then called via tannoy announcement to assemble for the track. You are briefed by Gaydon staff on the rules on the track and then off you go. You then return to the stand.

FWIW I would not recommend the track excursion to anyone. I felt it was mind-bogglingly dangerous and is ripe for disaster at some point. That many cars so far in excess of 100mph in close proximity with varying performance and driver experience/skill can't be a good thing.

I know many folk have been on and enjoyed themselves and nothing has gone wrong yet but I've never been that concerned in a car before and would certainly not do it again.
mikem View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 17:34

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

FWIW I would not recommend the track excursion to anyone. I felt it was mind-bogglingly dangerous and is ripe for disaster at some point. That many cars so far in excess of 100mph in close proximity with varying performance and driver experience/skill can't be a good thing.

I know many folk have been on and enjoyed themselves and nothing has gone wrong yet but I've never been that concerned in a car before and would certainly not do it again.

My driving wasn`t that bad was it Duncan ?

Craig, I`m meeting Graham and a few others at Tebay 11.30, so you`ll probably see them there before we pass. (there`ll be an E60 M5, E39 M5 and a couple of E46`s)

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 19:00
Originally posted by craig3.0 craig3.0 wrote:

ps,for any1 going on the saturday,and meeting at bthwl srvcs/are u still planning ur 1st stop at tebay srvcs,at around 11.30amor when?,so i can join the convoy,cheers

Yes mate
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 20:20
Originally posted by mikem mikem wrote:

Not your driving mate. Just the whole scenario...
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 21:43
Anyone looked at the weather forecast for Sunday?  

davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 22:56
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

same as last year then
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 22:57

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

yes but it changes everytime i look

dont look as bad here

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/stratford-upon-avo n_forecast_weather.html

Edited by Pete330
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2009 at 23:13

I've lost count of the amount of times i've headed down south for weekends armed up with wet weather gear on the strength of a long range forecast only for it to be at least fair and sometimes as far out as being sunny with blue skies.
I've no faith in the weather forecasts for the next 4hrs far less 4 days.
A jacket and a brolly flung in the boot will suffice

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 09:19
Dont forget the suncream 

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 15:17
Don't forget the tickets!!
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 17:10

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Originally posted by mikem mikem wrote:

Not your driving mate. Just the whole scenario...
Wasn't too bad when I took the old girl round a couple of years ago - funniest thing I found was the 'pep-talk' before we left

"No hanging back then accelerating, don't drop behind the tail car (a fully specced Range Rover - as was the lead car) don't over-take the lead car, and oh yes, we are limited to 70mph"

Then, as soon as the lead car hit the down ramp onto the track he floored it, disappeared into the distance, and I never saw him again until we stopped for pictures!

Pure Class

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 22:28
Originally posted by vpricey vpricey wrote:

Don't forget the tickets!!

No chance they been in the box since Monday!

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 10:26

.... anybody back yet ???

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 10:33
Aye.

Good run up the road.

I liked the train racing at Beatock, reminded me of my old dog who used to chase trains when ever she saw one as well
T31MUL View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T31MUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 12:50

Cracking drive back, it's like having two mad dogs, as soon as a train comes along off they go, and then the rest of us dafties join in.

Saturday night was great, the patter was brilliant, I hope Tommy didn't eat too much on Sunday(we all know he likes kids portions).

Special thanks to Issy & Gemma for the hospitality on Sunday, perfect as usual.

Hope the Monday squad get home safely.

Davie T31MUL
candypuff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candypuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 13:17
Had a fantastic day - and a nice drive back! It took us about 6 hours to get back up the road - Hilux and Trailer with car - looked like it could have taken some a lot less time! 

Cars
1996 BMW M3 Evolution
2001 C5 Corvette
1989 601 s Trabant
1956 Glas Goggomobil
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 16:17
Can someone explain the train racing thing ??? lol

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 19:56
just back home,

had a cracking weekend, the best one yet. I even managed to see some of the show this year

Davy, we got Tommy a kids meal at KFC today on the way home. I had to finish it for him

Haggis, we can't explain anything that goes on over the weekend, if we did we'd have to kill you. what happens in Gaydon stays in Gaydon

p.s a big thanks to our lads n lasses, Friday was good but Saturday night was a riot I'm still sore now from laughing.
Issy & Jemma for keeping all those hungry mouths full with another top notch BBQ, I know it's not an easy job but it's very much appreciated.
not to forget NE Graham & his speedy yellow washing machine you'll still be welcome with us even though you've turned to the darkside but whatever you do don't bring Lee back with the Imola Red M5 I nearly had a breakdown when I saw it pull up next to mine at the hotel

roll on next year

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic