FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy New M3...Depos fitted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2010 at 06:48

Ha ha, no chance mate,I bought it off Miss Daisy .

Yeah, I'd thought of that but there's no knocks or bangs, smooth as silk (happily)

Sponsored Links

davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2010 at 22:34
didnt say you were havin a pop bud, just makin you aware that your vert could have issues to. nothing to do with how powerful the engine is.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2010 at 06:11
Wasn't a pop at M3's Davy, If the body of the car cant take the strains and stresses that a powerful engine applies then in my opinion its a design fault and BMW are responsible. Lets face it tho, there is no more powerful engine fitted to the E46 than the M3 lump. (Thats not an invite to the Alpina boys)
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2010 at 00:07
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Pauls BMW mechanic mate put it correctly........"This is a family saloon with a F'kin stupid engine in it" This is not a criticism, it is what it is. BMW need to recognise the original mistake and honour its fix. RS4 anyone ?

not just the m3 thats affected tho Campbell.
LESSER engined cars are to.

Edited by davy tombstone
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 21:30
Pauls BMW mechanic mate put it correctly........"This is a family saloon with a F'kin stupid engine in it" This is not a criticism, it is what it is. BMW need to recognise the original mistake and honour its fix. RS4 anyone ?
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 21:24
hope it works out for you paul, makes my issues seem very trivial !!!

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
mil996 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 21:07
thats the same bit as mine paul ive only got it on the passenger side supposidly its usually the passenger side that goes first
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 21:04
Are yours in the same place Colin??
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
mil996 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 21:01
bmw should have recalled all these cars for a inspection the dealers should have been informed off possible faults to save all this confusion mine wis in last year for a inspection 2 and should have been noticed then altho someone has seen it before when a spotted it i could tell someone had been at it. if there no gona fix mine al do it my self
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 20:41
Eastern are saying - Yes you do have cracks, but no they're not covered by the subframe crack repair procedure.....although there are two cracks one either side and they're on the same panel as the mountings, and right next to the rear mountings.  Of which is a load of b******s if you ask me! So now I have to go in and speak to the Service manager/dealer principal Derek Drummond and and try and get them to fix it. The Annoying point is, they didn't lower the rear subframe to check for cracks, which is what they need to do.

this is close to what I have....

Not mine, but this is where my cracks are...

these are all I can see, there could be more severe cracks but without dropping the rear subframe you can't see them, and I don't want to do that just incase BMW say nope we're not fixing that as someone else has been in here.

Edited by vpricey
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 19:46
any news Paul.
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 16:41
I have to say i've never really had a problem with the parts
departments at Eastern or Peter Vardy, i usually give them the part
numbers and quantities that i want. Car club discount and next day
delivery has never been a problem. I usually just wait the 2 days for
the parts to arrive if i dont need them urgently tho.

In at Eastern at the mo, they've got my car back up on the ramp,
waiting for the verdict of the techs.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 15:57
I order parts from HF in Irvine on a monthly basis and always get the right parts usually next day and car club discount.

Those larger dealers are a shambles!

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Shamus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 15:10

Jackpot I just ordered a new exhaust clamp
#18 30 1407091 x1
#18 30 1147092 x1
#07 11 9901131 x2
top and bottom clamp and 2 bolts.

Went to pick up the parts today 1 bolt & 2 top clamps  WTF!
Thick as $hit in the neck of a bottle comes to mind

It'll be Thursday now for the other parts.

Well at least there consistant over the country. was going to go to BMW mini parts but the had a £8.40 delivery so stealer was cheaper but more hassel.

Edited by Shamus

Gone but not forgotten..
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 11:22

I mean OMG ..... a simple question as I happened to just pop in off the cuff to order the gasket as I knew it would need to be done as car was approaching 70K miles and was on original rocker gasket with very minor leakage from the rear corner.... I specifically asked at the time against the chassis number which is memorised if there was only one gasket listed to be told yes .... when I went to change it this wekeend it wasnt until I got it all stripped down that the difference was clear. !!!

And now this morning the retards wanted to charge me a returned fee for supplying the wrong part. Admittedly it was bought in April but they supplied the wrong part.

After a little argument that escalated from Adam the parts guy to David the parts manager I eventually got them to replace the gasket with the correct one after I supplied the drawing and the part number.

But still the cars been off the road now sine Saturday morning and the parts not going to be in until Tuesday since they keep NOTHING on the shelf ... not even the clips for side trim or the wee plastic clips for the plastics over the engine .... honestly ... what is the point of a parts dept with nowt in stock ???

My entire faith in Phoenix BMW in Kirkcaldy, Fife has been exhausted .... and I was a firm defender of theirs too with Donut and Rod when they were experiencing problems ... this experience has just pushed me over the edge completely !!!

I am just lucky I did wait as a 4 day break without a car during peak wedding season could have been catastrophic for me.

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Shamus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2010 at 01:22

Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

yeh its just ridiculous I dunno how BMW lets them away with it....there is something wrong somewhere!!  

I had all sorts of problems when I had the Z4 from dug park I contacted BMW UK direct that sorted problem pretty quick.

Gone but not forgotten..
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2010 at 23:55
yeh its just ridiculous I dunno how BMW lets them away with it....there is something wrong somewhere!!  

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2010 at 23:53
its stories like a 5 grand repair bill for a smg gearbox which the customer fixes himself for a 30 bob spring that pisses me off. wtf.
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2010 at 23:49
Originally posted by davy tombstone davy tombstone wrote:

OMG that video is scary stuff! I think its awful when the dealers cant even spot something that BMW is aware off. Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

Issy, imo dealers are for buying parts only. i could write a book on some of the story,s i have heard. bmw really need to sort this out.

I know you are right tho they cant even get ordering parts right either. Steve (Hairy haggis) is having a right carry on with a well known dealers in Fife over ordering parts and he is raging about it because his car is off the road as a result. No doubt he will be along to tell the tale!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2010 at 23:44

OMG that video is scary stuff! I think its awful when the dealers cant even spot something that BMW is aware off. Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

Issy, imo dealers are for buying parts only. i could write a book on some of the story,s i have heard. bmw really need to sort this out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic