Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSnow pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow pictures
    Posted: 28-November-2010 at 10:13
I thought as most of us will have woken up to our cars covered in snow this morning it would be good to post snow pictures
Heres mine going nowhere

Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 10:56
Don't think I'll get the roof down today

Edited by nero

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 11:00
Is that first one going to be your xmas card this year Neil?

Heres another one of mine

This is the view out my window at the moment

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 12:18

Woohoo, fun fun fun.

Hardtop on just in time !!

Carnage but its back in

Edited by Cambell
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 12:33

Had it for last 7 days

Here is my pic

No seriously that is my pic,just bloody white

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 13:53
@ Pete!!!

Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 14:26

OHH you lucky people!

I'd love a wee bit of snow over here, my wee "betty" ain't ever seen it!!!  bet she would be a barrel of laugh's if she ever did 

I think it's garage time for some of your lovely cars!!!

2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 16:33
Originally posted by Black Betty Black Betty wrote:

OHH you lucky people!

I think it's garage time for some of your lovely cars!!!

I would if I had one

Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 16:39

Your car was the one in particular I thought of, that other wee sexy Laguna Blue needs to see a nice warm garage over the next few months!

2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 16:47
if you mean the wee pug it doesnt even get in the drive cause Jemma too scared to reverse it out when the M is in front of it! 

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 17:07

It's great, this snow stuff.

DSC off and DTC deactivated (hold down traction control button for longer and it goes proper off) and off I went yesterday to B&Q. 

Great fun power sliding around an empty bit of their car park.  Bit of steering lock, bit of throttle to get the back to swing out opposite lock on and then on and off the power to hold the slide.  Bo and Luke Duke eat yer heart out.  Yeeeeehhhhaaaawwww

No issues, no need for winter tyres, just sensible driving.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 17:13
Just not so much fun if it happens on a busy road! 

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 17:39

The only way I got my car to keep movng was to turn off the traction. In this weather you have to use it like a tool to get / keep moving.

I had to do the same thing in a Honda Civic in my street aswell, turned off the traction (when I found the button) and off it went, ok it was wheel spinning but it was moving and kept doing so.

Traction has its place, to catch you when you make an arse of it but to have proper control, switch it off.

(Cambell does not suggest doing this and accepts no liability if you switch your TC off and stuff it into a ditch, thats just bad driving) lol

Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 18:07

Winter tyres are brilliant. Mine are part worn but still coped with anything i put in front of it yesterday and today.

Still hate the snow though. A pain in the arse in so many ways.

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 20:57
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

It's great, this snow stuff.

DSC off and DTC deactivated (hold down traction control button for longer and it goes proper off) and off I went yesterday to B&Q. 

Great fun power sliding around an empty bit of their car park.  Bit of steering lock, bit of throttle to get the back to swing out opposite lock on and then on and off the power to hold the slide.  Bo and Luke Duke eat yer heart out.  Yeeeeehhhhaaaawwww

No issues, no need for winter tyres, just sensible driving.

And you call above sensible? I call it an accident waiting to happen

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2010 at 21:11
An accident waiting to happen in an empty B&Q car park?

Explain yourself Pete?

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2010 at 00:08

my E30 .. not out my drive since friday

2003-530i SE
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2010 at 12:25
I had to rely on the traction control this morning to get me going.  It was fitting the revs to just maintain grip with the rear tyres.  I couldn't control it accuratley enough to start with, with the system off.  Put the system on to get me going then switched it off.  TC etc was firmly on when driving into work this morning.  Only one minor wobble on a bend but other than that a cool head and light right foot saw no dramas in 6 inch drifts.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2010 at 14:16
Another day and more snow ...

Edited by nero

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2010 at 14:51

More today, my street is at the end of a long avenue and is a Cul De Sac so gets no through traffic.

There is about a foot of soft snow on top of a few inches of compacted snow and ice. No combination of TC on or off was helping today.

I got the van out no problem this morning. Getting back again at 11am was a differrent story. It took 4 men with shovels and 45 mins to get my "go anywhere" Transit from the end of the street and into my drive, an enormous 40m.

I have decoded that its more important to get the van in and out so the snow has had to be piled in fromt of my car, I certainly couldn't block my neighbours drive now could I ?

Here's the antenna on the top of the van

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic