FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnce again BMW get it wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jimbo34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2013 at 11:04
Campbell, I agree with you on this. I believe a car's engine plays such a huge % in a car's overall character and personality, the likes of lambo v12s etc. Bmw M cars engines absolutely fall into this category. They have won many awards for this. It's such a shame now that we are now heading down a road where manufacturers are being pushed to develop smaller engines just to show political correctness and are not really listening to us car enthusiasts.
Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2013 at 10:41
Yes, its a huge problem. 

I dont drive an F1 car and I couldn't give a crap about the environment. I bought an M car because I want the power and the knowledge that I have a monster, not a tuned up 116i. 

I bought BMW because I want build quality and a prestige brand, if this trend continues, there's no point in BMW M, we should all just buy Kia and have it tuned. Angry
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2013 at 09:58
Bear in mind that next season's F1 rule changes mean that engines will be downsized to 1.6 litre, albeit a V6 turbo

So if engines are more efficient, but provide the same power - is it a problem?

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2013 at 07:26
Looks like BMW are being run by the tree hugging marketing department instead of people passionate for the brand.

Look at this crap, especially the last paragraph.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic