Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 M3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 10:04
I thought it looked familiar. There is another one on Autotrader but something doesn't feel right about. I can't put my finger on what it is, apart from the obvious error in the limited edition number.
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
Sponsored Links

cecotto147 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 10:19

Is that this one?

1989 F Reg BMW M3 

kevin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 10:23
Sorry, don't know as the link doesn't work
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
AC79xxx View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 11:58
The supply of mint Sport Evo. seems to have really dried up. I guess all the really good ones have found long term homes mow.
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 13:06
DAM998 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 13:26

Note I didn't say these are 'direct competitors' or whatever but personally I believe they have similar 'DNA' (for want of a better word). The M3 and Integrale were rallied & the M3 and Skyline were circuit raced during their respective heydays in the late 80s and early 90s. All have character and pedigree. And what I was saying if I end up having to spend £10k on an E30 I'll have to consider those other 2 cars as possibilities (as I've always wanted an Integrale and a Skyline) When most people are buying a car and if they have a couple of possibilities they don't have to be the exact same type of car - if you were limiting your choices with this rational then the only direct competitor for an E30 M3 would be a cossie Merc 190. But I am just limiting my choice to the $$$ I have to spend - it can be 2 or 4WD, 4 or 6 (or even 8) cylinder, turbo or normally aspirated - I don't care as long as its fun to drive. I have drive an Integrale & it felt brilliant but have never driven (never even saw one!) an R32 Skyline (I'm from the N of I ) but the E30 is my first choice. I also feel an E30 (and prob Ingegrale but not the R32) would be a sort of investment as they seem to have stopped depreciating?

Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 14:25

Originally posted by rr_ww rr_ww wrote:

Kevin

Only one so far. But the owner changed the price 3 times in as many months. Only he went UP rather than down. Was on eBay Last Novemeber for 1 price with no reserve (not that Id buy a car from eBay anyway and as it turned out not 1 person bid) then was £1000 more in a advert on a website. Then was £500 cheaper. Now its Back to a grand more than eBay price. Was also in a magazine for £500 less than the ebay, but I believe the seller when he says this was a mistake.

stevem3@ XXXXXX If your reading this drop it to the eBay price (dont give me that story about the wheels, they were in that sale too as I have a screen shot of the eBay advert!) and I'll come and have a deal with you.

Getting a bit desparate now

As for the putting people off, I was in a foul mood that week. As far as Im concerned theres a finite amount of cars in the country. I WANT to have first choice on a good one. Maybe Im taking it too seriously in that im in competition with them.

well, when i posted on here you put me off trying to buy one mate.

Wasnt exactly impressed

Codhead View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 15:03
Hi Fellas
Yes it is my car, I put it on last month because I am moving house. Then decided to take it off and try and afford to move without having to sell it. But needs must at the moment so i'm selling again. Don't really want to but maybe I'll be able to afford another one when I'm about 60. Reserve is not that far off the start price, if your interested let me know.

Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 15:34

This time last year i would have bitten your arm off as it looks stunning and having read the description on ebay several times i was well impressed.  Unfortunately, if i bit your arm off now you would find it difficult to move!!

Good luck with both tho

robmug View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 16:50

Originally posted by e30m3 e30m3 wrote:

Just seen a nice looking black E30 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472329199&category=9837

That's mine. It's already at the reserve price, so from this point on I don't mind how much I get for it. I have to say I'm delighted with the way the auction is going soi far. My wife and I have separated in the last week, so the M3 (at 'her' house) is being sold. I've got the 911 with me at 'my' house! I would have put it for sale on this site, but don't have my membership number handy...

It's not the best E30 M3 ever, but it's spot on for the money. Probably better than the price suggests. (ie it's not a £10k car, more like a £6k car)

I know what you mean when you say you wouldn't buy a car off ebay, but I see it simply as a way of advertising the car. The buyer will still come and see the car etc.

www.advancedcarproducts.com - UK Zaino distributors
5% discount for BMW Forum members
1996 E36 318is (one owner!) // 1993 911 Carrera 2 Coupe
1987 E30 M3 (sold) // 1997 E36 M3 Evo (sold)
Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 17:04
Originally posted by robmug robmug wrote:

Originally posted by e30m3 e30m3 wrote:

Just seen a nice looking black E30 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472329199&category=9837

That's mine. It's already at the reserve price, so from this point on I don't mind how much I get for it. I have to say I'm delighted with the way the auction is going soi far. My wife and I have separated in the last week, so the M3 (at 'her' house) is being sold. I've got the 911 with me at 'my' house! I would have put it for sale on this site, but don't have my membership number handy...

It's not the best E30 M3 ever, but it's spot on for the money. Probably better than the price suggests. (ie it's not a £10k car, more like a £6k car)

I know what you mean when you say you wouldn't buy a car off ebay, but I see it simply as a way of advertising the car. The buyer will still come and see the car etc.

rob, your car looks outstanding for the money!

But with ebay, once they win, they have to buy!

I bet your car will go for over 6k to be honest!

Its cos of the interior!

Looks class!

rr_ww View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2004 at 20:19
Devils Advocate time

R32 Skyline £8K

44K miles, Just had £1000 main service including cam belt, 350 BHP 4WD 4WS

The R32 is the lightest version and the internals of the engine are good for 500bhp. This sounds like a good car if anybody is interested.
Rich.
Phil-C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Ex E30 M3 owner...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2004 at 07:50
Rob,

I would have to say that ANYONE who is looking for an M3 would be foolish to not have at least looked and considered yours (and I'm not saying this because it looks like mine!). There seems to be, as mentioned previously, a shortage of decent honest etc. etc. and yet here's one!

All the best with the sale.

Phil
Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2004 at 09:33

Originally posted by rr_ww rr_ww wrote:

Devils Advocate time

R32 Skyline £8K

44K miles, Just had £1000 main service including cam belt, 350 BHP 4WD 4WS

The R32 is the lightest version and the internals of the engine are good for 500bhp. This sounds like a good car if anybody is interested.

well why dont you buy it then instead of trying ensure no one else gets a chance to own a good condition m3!

Edited by Rags
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic